Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

British Royal Artillery captains uniform

Article about: Uniform of captain G.A.Henderson of Royal Artillery with defense and 1939-45 medal bar, tunic was made on 20.5.1940. Its missing a pip on each shoulder which i will have to fix because it wa

Default British Royal Artillery captains uniform

Uniform of captain G.A.Henderson of Royal Artillery with defense and 1939-45 medal bar, tunic was made on 20.5.1940. Its missing a pip on each shoulder which i will have to fix because it was bit beaten up, buttons from pockets were cut and collar tabs missing and someone sew on press studs on the top pockets, luckily i fixed it all besides the 2 missing pips which i don't have at my disposial atm.
    I have obtained this nice uniform thanks to my friend in UK only thing i don't know is much about the visor cap that went with it as it doesn't have a stamp and has different initials unlike belt and tunic which have G.A.Henderson on em.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Royal Artillery captains uniform   British Royal Artillery captains uniform  

British Royal Artillery captains uniform  

?

A nice tunic and date.

Don't remove the press studs from the pockets. These are used to keep the pocket flaps down and secure to make sure the wearer always looks their best. It's a very common addition and a lovely feature. Make sure it stays!

the pocket flaps often have press studs fitted, they were made that way at the time
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

That's very interesting, i indeed kept them, because i figured it was original addition.