Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Wehrmacht M36 Infantry Overseas sidecap?

Article about: Hi Guys, I recently bought an original M36 tunic and I have been searching for a matching sidecap. While searching I came across a sidecap that matched the tone-color of my M36. However, the

Default Wehrmacht M36 Infantry Overseas sidecap?

Hi Guys,

I recently bought an original M36 tunic and I have been searching for a matching sidecap. While searching I came across a sidecap that matched the tone-color of my M36. However, the seller is selling the sidecap as an M36?
    I only heard of M34, M38, and M42 sidecaps but never of a M36 sidecap.
    So my questions is if this is an original sidecap or not. The sidecap has no stamps and also no vent holes/grommets, which worry me. Is this a real sidecap, what kind and why are there no holes or grommets on the side.
    Thanks in advance!

SpanishSoldier

Wehrmacht M36 Infantry Overseas sidecap?Wehrmacht M36 Infantry Overseas sidecap?Wehrmacht M36 Infantry Overseas sidecap?Wehrmacht M36 Infantry Overseas sidecap?Wehrmacht M36 Infantry Overseas sidecap?Wehrmacht M36 Infantry Overseas sidecap?Wehrmacht M36 Infantry Overseas sidecap?Wehrmacht M36 Infantry Overseas sidecap?Wehrmacht M36 Infantry Overseas sidecap?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wehrmacht M36 Infantry Overseas sidecap?
    P
    Many

Hello,
    There is no such a thing as a M36 Feldmütze
    For EMs and NCOs in Feldgrau woolen cloth, there are M34, M34 modified 1935, M42 and M43, that's all....
    This one has no eyelet, lining looks bad, shape is definitly bad...
    Save your money for the real deal
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Thanks for the quick reply Philip!
    I feel kind of betrayed because the seller sold me original stuff before and was confident this was a real one too.
    Guess I have to disappoint him that he got himself a cat in the bag.
    Thanks!

TWS
    ?

+1 with Jean-Philippe. Some Schiffchen copies these days can be tricky, but this one is not. Definitely not original.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

So I received a reply from the dealer that he made a mistake calling it a M36. But he guarantees it's original. He says the sidecap makes a "pop" sound when you fold out the crown, and that no fakes has that feature.
    Then he gets a bit mad that all forums would say his stuff would not be original.

Edit: He says it' was a private purchase.
    Last edited by SpanishSoldier; 02-28-2021 at 01:33 PM.