Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Rare Luftwaffe boot knife variant ?

Article about: Hello everyone, I come to you to get more opinions after having already posted on another forum. I recently found a Nahkampfmesser in the basement of my new house. At first i was just happy,

Question Rare Luftwaffe boot knife variant ?

Hello everyone,

I come to you to get more opinions after having already posted on another forum.
    I recently found a Nahkampfmesser in the basement of my new house.
    At first i was just happy, then, i realised after a bit of research the knife i found was quite unusual.
    It has both the " eagle 5 " marking AND an RBnr number ! The old man who lived in the house before me told me he had this knife for the longest time, and since there was a luftwaffe airfield in the town ( center of the battle of the bulge ) this knife is very probably an original.
    I've seen lots of people debate on the subject and say either that RBnr boot kives are really rare, or that they never existed.

All i want is your opinion on the knife and any knowledge you could have about those kind of RBnr variants !

Here are the photos !
    EDIT : sorry the last photo is sideways, it's the website who did it not me

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rare Luftwaffe boot knife variant ?
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Not something I know anything about but (i.e. RBN numbers) but the knife does look good from what I can see.

Looking forward to hear what others say!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

RB Nr. 0/0561/0020 is code for Weyersberg factory I believe. Rossi
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

As far as I know, these knives should not have both a Waffenampt, and an RB No.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hello rbminis,

is what i call the " eagle 5 " a waffenampt ? I tought it was just to show it was for the Luftwaffe and not the heer..

I honestly think it's an original from what i know of it and by looking at the condition , but i have to admit it's weird how little information on those is available... hence why people are arguing if thoses knives are either really rare or just fakes/post war.

Quote by Polakldb View Post
    Hello rbminis,
    is what i call the " eagle 5 " a waffenampt ?

I honestly think it's an original from what i know of it and by looking at the condition,
    Yes,

and, condition means nothing about originality.
    I have some that are in mint condition, but they are original.

Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Sure condition doesn't proove anything but you know....
    it's already better than if the knive was super clean after being stored in a basement for so long, if it is fake it's not a recent fake, the only two options i can see is either real, or a post war production of some kind. I know they did made really convincing fake boot knives in yugoslovakia but there's no way it's one of them because of a different stamp.. i've also seen other RBnr boot knives ( fakes ) but who had a different rbnr and they had major differences from the real ones, unlike mine wich aside from the rbnr looks exactly normal..
    I guess we still need a little bit more informations to make a conclusion on the subjec t

If anyone is interested in this subject too here is a link to another post of this forum with a guy that has a collection
    of Rbnr knives and the one i found is in good condition in his collection, it's the only other one looking like mine that i managed to find on the internet : Luftwaffe boot knives - my collection

?

Quote by Polakldb View Post
    Sure condition doesn't proove anything but you know....
    it's already better than if the knive was super clean after being stored in a basement for so long, if it is fake it's not a recent fake, the only two options i can see is either real, or a post war production of some kind. I know they did made really convincing fake boot knives in yugoslovakia but there's no way it's one of them because of a different stamp.. i've also seen other RBnr boot knives ( fakes ) but who had a different rbnr and they had major differences from the real ones, unlike mine wich aside from the rbnr looks exactly normal..
    I guess we still need a little bit more informations to make a conclusion on the subjec t

If anyone is interested in this subject too here is a link to another post of this forum with a guy that has a collection
    of Rbnr knives and the one i found is in good condition in his collection, it's the only other one looking like mine that i managed to find on the internet : Luftwaffe boot knives - my collection
    I just sold Shellmac a gravity knife, boot knife and 2 bayonets.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

This knife is definately original war piece. RBNr. code is for Weyersberg maker and from other side of the blade is waffenamt eagle5. This version is one of the rarest version, but this condition you have is not so good. I have this version with RBNr. 0020 in my collection. You can see my collection in my old thread about these Luftwaffe boot knives.

Jiri

Thanks for the answer Shellmac ! I hope you're right . I saw your collection when i was looking for information, all of your nahkampfmesser knives looks really good, mine looks like it was stored without the scabbard

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast