Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Hello from Bruce Bairnsfather and WW1 enthusiast

Article about: Hi - My name is Mark Warby and my primary war-related interest is the work of the famous First World War cartoonist Capt. Bruce Bairnsfather (1887-1959), creator of the character Old Bill, a

?

Default Hello from Bruce Bairnsfather and WW1 enthusiast

Hi - My name is Mark Warby and my primary war-related interest is the work of the famous First World War cartoonist Capt. Bruce Bairnsfather (1887-1959), creator of the character Old Bill, and whose drawing "well if you knows of a better 'ole, go to it" is one of the most famous cartoons of the 20th century. I have been researching Bairnsfather's life and career for the last 4 decades and I'm recognised as an authority on him. I have written articles on Bairnsfather for a wide range of magazines and also run dedicated pages on social media @BBairnsfather on Twitter and Facebook.com/TheBruceBairnsfatherSociety and since 2006 the official Bruce Bairnsfather website Home. I'm also working on a long-term project to write the definitive biography of Bruce Bairnsfather.
    I have visited the WW1 battlefields of France and Belgium a number of times and in 2007 took a group of fellow Bairnsfather enthusiasts on a tour of locations associated with his time at the front, as described in his 1916 memoir 'Bullets & Billets.
    From 1999-2011 I edited and published a bi-monthly Old Bill Newsletter, which at its peak had in excess of 100 subscribers worldwide.
    Through my Bairnsfather work I have developed an interest in some other aspects of WW1 and WW2 also.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hello from Bruce Bairnsfather and WW1 enthusiast
    P
    Many

Welcome to the Forum, Mark.

Not every day someone with a resume like yours joins. It would be a pleasure to share our stuff.
    Lots of WWi enthusiasts around here, both Imperials and Allies.
    Again, welcome.

Regards
    Santi