Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese award WW1

Article about: Hi everyone, I bought this award on auction. I love it of it's beauty but I have no idea what it is. It was sold as an WW1 Japanese military award. I also could be an school award for the be

Default Japanese award WW1

Hi everyone,

I bought this award on auction. I love it of it's beauty but I have no idea what it is. It was sold as an WW1 Japanese military award. It also could be an school award for the best badminton player.

Is someone able to translate and identify this award?? I would be very grateful. (Maybe the pictures are upside-down.)

Thanks and cheers Paul

Japanese award WW1

Japanese award WW1

Japanese award WW1

That is a post WW2 Firefighter training course completion badge for Kumamoto Prefecture. That type of screw back arrangement is all post war. See below for police and firefighter insignia evolution.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese award WW1  

No, it is a post-war Fire Department training award. You're showing the front and back upside-down.

熊本県消防訓練所後了之證
    Kumamoto Prefectural Firefighting Training Center Certification [of training]

-- Guy

Wow not army, navy or airforce, not WW1 or WW2; but the Fire Department. I'm certified with this. Thanks for your expertise and time. A beautiful piece. It will have a place of honor.

Cheers Paul

I'm sure it's very pretty. The problem is that you bought it thinking it a WW1 piece or sports award. And probably paid accordingly. It turned out none of those.