Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M16 camo helmet Et64. Is it Authentic?

Article about: Any thoughts and opinion on this one? But being inexperienced my knowledge is limited but rising with the help of others. The inside I was told is water damaged but otherwise solid and whole

Default M16 camo helmet Et64. Is it Authentic?

Any thoughts and opinion on this one?

But being inexperienced my knowledge is limited but rising with the help of others.
    The inside I was told is water damaged but otherwise solid and whole, I think the Shell is real but for the camo, that is a good question.

M16 camo helmet Et64. Is it Authentic?M16 camo helmet Et64. Is it Authentic?M16 camo helmet Et64. Is it Authentic?M16 camo helmet Et64. Is it Authentic?M16 camo helmet Et64. Is it Authentic?M16 camo helmet Et64. Is it Authentic?M16 camo helmet Et64. Is it Authentic?M16 camo helmet Et64. Is it Authentic?M16 camo helmet Et64. Is it Authentic?M16 camo helmet Et64. Is it Authentic?M16 camo helmet Et64. Is it Authentic?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M16 camo helmet Et64. Is it Authentic?
    P
    Many

Hi Kaikun,

Yes, it’s a real shell in sized 64 and made by the manufacturer ET, Eisenhuettenwerke Thale A.G., Thale /Harz.

The paint appears to have had a lacquer applied at some point. As for the camo, I would like to see outside photos in low light. The glare coupled with the shiny lacquer in these photos makes it hard to see the details. However from these initial photos I’m not convinced the camo is authentic. The strange brushed effect on the cream/yellow panels looks odd but this could be down to any number of things.

More photos will help. Remember, good quality photos are a must when appraising helmets or any Militaria.

An interesting point on this helmet is that the left side vent lug looks like it’s from a Bell L manufactured helmet. Which could mean a war time/post war replacement or just an oddity! ?

Andy

Can you also please get some shots of the top of the dome. Early morning or afternoon light is best. Direct sunlight or artificial light will create too much glare.

Yes I will ask the seller for more photos, thank you andy

Looks like a highly "worked" piece, coated and cleaned, difficult to determine what's old and what's new.

I am fairly certain that the camo is not real, but the shell is being sold fairly cheap, so I might just purchase it for that reason. Still waiting for better pictures from the seller. Who knows it might a diamond in the rough. I also think that the ventlug that andy pointed out look a bit strange.

Quote by Kaikun2001 View Post
    I am fairly certain that the camo is not real, but the shell is being sold fairly cheap, so I might just purchase it for that reason. Still waiting for better pictures from the seller. Who knows it might a diamond in the rough. I also think that the ventlug that andy pointed out look a bit strange.
    The vent lug is a Bell L. Mismatched vent lugs are not uncommon. Looks like it has certainly been in there for a long time. Below is an example of one of my Bell L helmets:
    Named, Shrapnel damaged, Bell L M16 size 64