Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Gas Mask and Canister

Article about: Hi, I need your help as I am not sure if these are a repro or original. I have bought it long time ago at very good price. Thanks

Default Gas Mask and Canister

Hi, I need your help as I am not sure if these are a repro or original. I have bought it long time ago at very good price. Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gas Mask and Canister   Gas Mask and Canister  

Gas Mask and Canister   Gas Mask and Canister  

Gas Mask and Canister   Gas Mask and Canister  

Last edited by Markus87; 08-30-2021 at 09:51 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gas Mask and Canister
    P
    Many

I see no red flags with it sir, could you please post a picture of the date inside the can on the spare lenses holder? Nice early mask too.

Hi, thanks... I have added the photo in the post right now. So do you reckon Gas mask and Canister are original?

Here's mine to compare with - Luftshutz though.

Canister and mask are all good IMO, maybe should get some pics of the filter as it’s looks unusual.

Edit, saw the added pic nice 35, I believe the mask is 35 too so a nice set.

Thanks, I will post more photos tomorrow. The filter has been repaired ( the dealer said back in a day).

?

The gas mask is definitely original. And to be honest, I have never seen or heard about a reproduction/fake GM30 gas mask. I guess it would be more expensive to manufacture a deceiving copy than an original. Thats why I love collecting gas mask, in many cases fakes simply dont exist.
    In my opinion the cansiter is also original.
    But im not sure about the filter. Even with the repair, it looks different than the original. The pictures dont show much, but from what I see now I would say its not original. May be from the same period, but most likely not the type that was originally used with these masks.

I’d say with the pictures available the filter is not wartime German, even without the filter it’s a lovely set

Hi Markus.

To me the case looks like the Reichswehr /Wehrmacht model case (1930 - 1935).

MP44.nl - German Uniforms and Equipment - Gasmaske

Nice original early GM30 rig. Need to see better pictures of the filter but the maske & behalter are fine. Nice Reichswehr waffenamt eagle markings. No problems.