Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese Military motif Bakelite cigarette case with original Japanese cigarettes, worth $175 price tag?

Article about: As the title says I found this Japanese motif Bakelite cigarette case with original Japanese cigarettes and I was wondering if it was worth \\$175. It looks good with some scratches but with h

Default Japanese Military motif Bakelite cigarette case with original Japanese cigarettes, worth $175 price tag?

Japanese Military motif Bakelite cigarette case with original Japanese cigarettes, worth 5 price tag?Japanese Military motif Bakelite cigarette case with original Japanese cigarettes, worth 5 price tag?Japanese Military motif Bakelite cigarette case with original Japanese cigarettes, worth 5 price tag?

As the title says I found this Japanese motif Bakelite cigarette case with original Japanese cigarettes and I was wondering if it was worth $175. It looks good with some scratches but with having the original cigarettes is a game changer to me. I always trust you guys and your vast knowledge so whatever you think please let me know. Thank you all for the amazing help!

The brand was named "Homare (Honor)" and was initially introduced in celebration of winning the Russo-Japanese War, but later became a military issue item. The logo switched to Kanji from around 1930, so yours is likely from the 1920s.

I have two unopened packs, so the cigarette itself is not that rare.

The left flag is army and the right is navy.
    Attached Images Attached Images Japanese Military motif Bakelite cigarette case with original Japanese cigarettes, worth 5 price tag?  Japanese Military motif Bakelite cigarette case with original Japanese cigarettes, worth 5 price tag? 

Thank you for the info! Hearing that they’re not that rare is a little disappointing but still a fantastic collectors item in my opinion.