Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Baumbach flag

Article about: Hello all, have a chance to pick up a few flags one of which has Baumbach patch. If someone could shed some light on why certain flags have these patches that would be terrific, 2nd does any

Default Baumbach flag

Hello all, have a chance to pick up a few flags one of which has Baumbach patch. If someone could shed some light on why certain flags have these patches that would be terrific, 2nd does anyone thing this is related to werner baumbach?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Baumbach flag   Baumbach flag  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Baumbach flag
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

See attached link.

I don't profess to be an expert but I think the black is for NSBO (see posts starting at #14). The prior posts show NSDAP Orts group flags with brown and blue piping.

NSDAP Ortsgruppe Schwerin - Löwenplatz fahne
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The flag is for an area called Baumbach, and nothing to do with the famous bomber pilot Wener Baumbach.

From Wikipedia:-

Ransbach-Baumbach is a town in the Westerwaldkreis in Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany. Ransbach-Baumbach is the seat of the Verbandsgemeinde of Ransbach-Baumbach, a kind of collective municipality.
    The community lies in the Westerwald about 10 km northwest of Montabaur, and 15 km northeast of Koblenz.
    In 1330, the parish of Ransbach had its first documentary mention. Already in 959, however, the Montabaurer Zehntbeschreibung (a “description of tithes”), speaks of the vanished community of Desper (Dedinsburg) near Ransbach. In 1373, the name Babenbach for Baumbach crops up. In 1969, Ransbach and Baumbach were merged into one community. In 1971, in the course of municipal restructuring, the Verbandsgemeinde of Ransbach-Baumbach was founded. In 1975, Ransbach-Baumbach was granted town rights.