Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS and Totenkopf shield patches

Article about: Hi everyone Just a little help needed on these patches I’ve recently bought Im really not sure if this is a pair or two individual patches Aswell as are they original or fake I’ve compar

Default SS and Totenkopf shield patches

Hi everyone
    Just a little help needed on these patches I’ve recently bought
    Im really not sure if this is a pair or two individual patches
    Aswell as are they original or fake
    I’ve compared to repros and they look authentic
    Any help on them I’d appreciate
    I paid £25 for the pair as seller had no clue to what they was Etc
    Many thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS and Totenkopf shield patches
    P
    Many

Found these repros online and not as good as ones I’m trying to get help with
    On a plus side I’ve been offered £75 for them so a quick profit IF mine are fake

I wouldn’t knowingly pass on a fake to another collector to recoup your losses, tempting as it may be. Such things exist to part the unsuspecting with their money, and if we sell them on to another unwary collector, are we any better than the person who made them in the first place?

As for the shields themselves, though I have no experience in the collecting of SS regalia, I’d be comfortable labelling these as fantasy pieces — a pattern of which never existed during the Third Reich period. I’d be happy for those with more knowledge to prove me wrong, however.

The price alone would send me running. Nothing SS-related is ever cheap!

B.B.

Thanks for reply , that’s just it I don’t know if fake and I’ve told potential buyer that I don’t know if fake or original , he came back with the offer , so I don’t feel like I’m conning anyone.
    However il re tell him that it’s been pointed in direction of fake - I suppose if someone likes try will take .
    So forth reich crap then? Lol

Quote by Militaryminded2020 View Post
    Thanks for reply , that’s just it I don’t know if fake and I’ve told potential buyer that I don’t know if fake or original , he came back with the offer , so I don’t feel like I’m conning anyone.
    However il re tell him that it’s been pointed in direction of fake - I suppose if someone likes try will take .
    So forth reich crap then? Lol
    If you offer them to him as reproductions, then you aren’t doing all that much harm. If they were mine, I’d either throw them in my box of bad purchases or destroy them, but as they’re yours I can’t say I really have the right to tell you either way! Do whatever you think is best.

I think ‘Fourth Reich Crap’ is probably the best way to label these, though I remain hopeful that I’m wrong. Best wait for others more well-versed in SS gear to give their input.

B.B.

Sorry, IMO, the ones originally posted are current production.
    They do not match the construction methods of any period pieces.
    If I am not mistaken, they are cloth reproductions of pith helmet shields, or helmet decals.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

That was my first thought being pith helmet decals if some kind, I’m happy with them now being repro and guy I’m selling to also knows , he just likes them ??? Lol

Hi there.

Follow this link and have a look at post #10. I'm sure they are talking about this very design of skull and say that it is a fantasy design from the early 1970's.

The elusive totenkopf helmet decal...any photos or surviving helmet?

Kind regards,

Will

Yes it seems to be referring to this design
    Cheers

Personally I think you were robbed of 25 quid!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast