Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Can you please help with these photos? - Information regarding uniform

Article about: Hello, I seem to have been approved - thanks So I came into possession of two photos (attached). Photo 1 shows two guys in uniform at what looks like a wedding. The back of this photo lists

Default Can you please help with these photos? - Information regarding uniform

Hello, I seem to have been approved - thanks

So I came into possession of two photos (attached).

Photo 1 shows two guys in uniform at what looks like a wedding. The back of this photo lists the date as being 1943 and in Hamburg.
    Photo 2 shows four soldiers, and on the back of this photo is written ‘Hof der ersten station in Dänemark’.

I found these photos in an antiques stall in Germany, in a huge box of old photos. So I think that the first photo shows two uniformed Nazis and the second shows the Nazi invasion of Denmark.

My question is: does anyone know anything about the rank or position of the men in these photos? I’d be very grateful if anyone can share any information as I am very interested in WW2 and in understanding what I am looking at!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Can you please help with these photos? - Information regarding uniform   Can you please help with these photos? - Information regarding uniform  

Last edited by lookingforinfoaboutphoto; 06-12-2022 at 11:02 PM. Reason: corrections

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Can you please help with these photos? - Information regarding uniform
    P
    Many

?

The man on the left in the first photo is a Luftwaffe officer that looks to be a Leutnant,, he also has the Iron Cross 2nd Class ribbon through the button hole. The other one is in the Heer. The man facing the camera in the second photo is a Luftwaffe Gefreiter. Harder to see some other details with the photos not being in the best focus or resolution.
    Hope this helps, Ben

I think the first station in Denmark from Germany may have been Tønder-Tinglev-banen. There are photos online, but I have not found one from a trackside point of view that is any match for the second picture.

Great, thanks for your help! Yeah I wish the quality was better... I also don't have a scanner unfortunately

MAP
    ?

I would add. These men were soldiers. There is nothing in these photos to indicate they belonged to the Nazi Party.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks, you make a great point. I had assumed that German soldiers would have to also join the Nazi party (which I recognise that even if this were the case that this kind of forced membership would not necessarily mean that this truly aligned with their own views), but I see that my initial assumption was not accurate.

Thanks, I have also tried to find a trackside view of that station but haven't been successful. I have posted in reddit to try to learn the source of the station and will update the post if I find an answer to that.