Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Can anyone tell me any information on this Skull Ring?

Article about: Hi everyone, I’ve recently bought this silver ring from FMJ44. He says he bought it from a Leibstandarte grouping. I know there will be no way to prove this was an SS ring, but nonetheless

?

Default Can anyone tell me any information on this Skull Ring?

Hi everyone, I’ve recently bought this silver ring from FMJ44. He says he bought it from a Leibstandarte grouping. I know there will be no way to prove this was an SS ring, but nonetheless I was wondering if anyone can tell me more about this style of canteen ring and if there are any WW2 photos of it being worn?

Attachment 1606388Attachment 1606389Attachment 1606390Attachment 1606391
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Can anyone tell me any information on this Skull Ring?   Can anyone tell me any information on this Skull Ring?  

Can anyone tell me any information on this Skull Ring?   Can anyone tell me any information on this Skull Ring?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Can anyone tell me any information on this Skull Ring?
    P
    Many

?

It certainly looks like the pattern of a nice canteen ring I have one like it with all the brass exposed.

Can anyone tell me any information on this Skull Ring?

Can anyone tell me any information on this Skull Ring?Can anyone tell me any information on this Skull Ring?

Can anyone tell me any information on this Skull Ring?Can anyone tell me any information on this Skull Ring?
    Regards, Al

?

Awesome! Identical design, very cool! Does yours have any inner markings? I have yet to receive mine but I think it is 830 silver mark from the photo.

?

I don't have mine in hand so I can't tell you right now. I believe it's unmarked. Fellow forum member "SpitfireVb" will probably be able to provide more information on these rings. you can look up some of his threads, he has a nice collection.
    Regards, Al

Nice-looking ring with clear details. Good teeth! However, as noted on the forum so many times before, this is not - not, not, not - an SS ring. The only official SS ring was the Ehrenring, awarded personally by Himmler. This specimen is a familiar pattern of Kantine-ring which was available to just about anyone. They were widely advertised.

I think this one is OK but the photos aren’t great. The silver mark looks like 830 (second pic, upside down), which is the silver content used by several jewellers. I would guess it’s an early-to-mid 30s ring. Are there other marks inside the band?

?

Absolutely, just a canteen ring widely available to soldiers and civilians! it’s a shame I’ll never know the story behind it, but with it coming from a LAH grouping in Germany, I like to think it was worn by an SS member, wishful thinking maybe .

No other marks as far as I know, still awaiting delivery so I’ll be able to inspect it on hand soon.

Do you know how I can find Period photos of these rings? I’ve not had any luck searching.
    Last edited by RSD01; 09-01-2022 at 11:12 PM.

?

Regardless of affiliation I think it's a very nice looking ring.
    Regards, Al

?

Thank you Aldo!