Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Police Badge

Article about: Dear forum members, I hope you are all doing okay? It has been a while since I posted due to a tumbling down the stairs of my wife and two weeks later myself but we are back on track. I woul

Default Police Badge

Dear forum members,

I hope you are all doing okay? It has been a while since I posted due to a tumbling down the stairs of my wife and two weeks later myself but we are back on track. I would like to ask your expert views and comments on this badge that I just acquired. I am fairly new to badges specially German ones but I collect them to go on my website History of World War 2 | Facts on the Holocaust.

I cleaned the badge with warm water and an "A" appears on the back. Could this be an Assmann und Sohne, Lüdenscheid made Polizei badge?

Have a great evening and I am really looking forward to your comments.

Frank

Police BadgePolice Badge
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Police Badge   Police Badge  

Last edited by DDayNormandy1944; 02-16-2023 at 08:23 PM. Reason: New pictures and additions

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Police Badge
    P
    Many

?

Hello Frank, I hope you both recuperate quickly. This is a first pattern Polizei cap badge. It's hard to say if it appears to be soft on details as a result of all that tarnishing or it's a copy. I'm sure someone more experienced than I in these can give you a more definitive answer. Here is my example for visual comparison.

Police Badge
    Police Badge
    Regards, Al

Hi Aldo,

Thank you so much! We are doing okay. Thank you for your comment. Is there a way to remove the tarnishing?

Frank

?

Frank, it's best to leave the natural patina intact. To clarify, sometimes items are artificially aged in order to deceive. I'm not saying this is necessarily the case here, best to wait for more opinions on authenticity.
    Regards, Al

Will do Aldo! Thank you!

Frank

Hi Aldo,

Your badge is awesome by the way!

Hi Aldo, I cleaned the badge way more clear now... I used just a little warm water and very mild soap

CBH
    ?

I have to agree with Aldo soft details, a chicken headed eagle and casting residue attaching the arm of the swastika to the claws.

?

That's some gnarly weird texture on the swastika.

I also don't like seeing angled-ended prongs on early badges...originals tended to be flat on the ends like Aldo's

Thank you CBH and Brig. So this one is a fake?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast