Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kriegsmarine Helmet. Been looking for years for one of these!

Article about: This helmet came from the same deceased estate sale as my railway eagle and Kriegsmarine officers visor. The maker is consistent with KM manufacturing. The Eagle looks a little odd but I am

Default Kriegsmarine Helmet. Been looking for years for one of these!

This helmet came from the same deceased estate sale as my railway eagle and Kriegsmarine officers visor. The maker is consistent with KM manufacturing. The Eagle looks a little odd but I am happy with the ridge around the eagle, some of the top layer has flaked away showing the gold leaf underneath. I didn’t realise how difficult it is to get photos to show the glitter of the deep gold tone, hardly does it justice. Loving my collection at the moment and looking forward to adding more

Kriegsmarine Helmet. Been looking for years for one of these!Kriegsmarine Helmet. Been looking for years for one of these!Kriegsmarine Helmet. Been looking for years for one of these!Kriegsmarine Helmet. Been looking for years for one of these!Kriegsmarine Helmet. Been looking for years for one of these!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine Helmet. Been looking for years for one of these!
    P
    Many

Sorry, but I really don’t like those decals. Also, an M40 which should be a single decal.

I agree on the decals, the eagle is odd especially the beak, another weird thing is that the chinstrap is fitted to the left side, if fake I think they are working out how to make the ridge around the eagle which is another pain in the backside for collectors. Luckily I only paid $400 for the helmet which is about what an m40 is worth.

Can you take any pics of the decal without so much flash and any pics of the liner and chinstrap?

Hi Here’s some more pictures,Kriegsmarine Helmet. Been looking for years for one of these!Kriegsmarine Helmet. Been looking for years for one of these!Kriegsmarine Helmet. Been looking for years for one of these!Kriegsmarine Helmet. Been looking for years for one of these!Kriegsmarine Helmet. Been looking for years for one of these!Kriegsmarine Helmet. Been looking for years for one of these!

- - ------- - -

It’s strange that the buckle is to the left instead of the right for the chin strap

That’s a better photo of the decal, it looks quite different, but it’s not sharp enough, I still don’t like it going on that pic.
    The leather and paint look off to me as well.

This might be a better picture,Kriegsmarine Helmet. Been looking for years for one of these!

Thanks for the extra pic, but it’s still a no from me.

M38
    ?

Best you can say about this one is that the shell is original. The paint and decals are not, and the liner and strap are not either as far as I can see.

Regarding the leftside/rightside buckle issue, I have heard that left handers put the buckle on the opposite side from what you usually see, for ease of buckling the strap.

Cheers.
    Terry

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the helmet that started this thread is a reproduction. An M40 KM would not be a double decal. The paint is new and, unfortunately, the decals are repros. Here are 2 M35 DD KM helmets for comparison. Again, Sorry for the bad news. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine Helmet. Been looking for years for one of these!   Kriegsmarine Helmet. Been looking for years for one of these!  

Kriegsmarine Helmet. Been looking for years for one of these!   Kriegsmarine Helmet. Been looking for years for one of these!  

Kriegsmarine Helmet. Been looking for years for one of these!   Kriegsmarine Helmet. Been looking for years for one of these!  

Kriegsmarine Helmet. Been looking for years for one of these!  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast