Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

[Continuous updates] A soldbuch grouping display of an artilleryman from the 290th Infantry Division, along with the accompanying medals and documents

Article about: Guten Tag! I'm Tim, from Columbia, Missouri, USA, a very typical large rural area. I'm a doctoral student majoring in Journalism (can guess my age), and joined this forum a few days ago with

?

Default [Continuous updates] A soldbuch grouping display of an artilleryman from the 290th Infantry Division, along with the accompanying medals and documents

Guten Tag! I'm Tim, from Columbia, Missouri, USA, a very typical large rural area.Just joined this forum a few days ago without properly introducing myself. In fact, I noticed that this is a quite longstanding forum, with many posts dating back 15 years, and plenty of excellent content to refer to, some of which is more valuable than some books. I came here from Reddit, where a friend recommended this forum to me. I'm very happy to have joined this forum, and I've already received help from several friends in the past few days, and I want to thank the senior members for their comments here.

Actually, I've been very interested in this part of history since I was about 17. Cause I learned Russian during my university years, I'm more familiar with various Soviet medals, but I've always been very interested in the medals and awards of Germany, Belgium, and France, especially during the period from World War I to 1945. Among them, the Third Reich, due to its uniqueness, attracts me even more.

Recently, I was very fortunate to acquire a set of documents, including an original Soldbuch, a GAB and its document, and an EK1 document (unfortunately without an EK1). The protagonist is named "Wilhelm Bohn", who born in 1916 and I preliminarily found out was a soldier from the in the 1st Battery of Artillery Regiment 290 (1./Artillerie-Rgt 290) !!! (thanks to hucks correction) He participated in the last battle of Courland and then surrendered to the Soviets. It's astonishing that he came from the Courland Pocket!!! This big brother received the EK2, EK1, and armelband Courland (What are the awards on September 9, 1944, and May 6, 1945? I can't recognize them), and surely he was an experienced artillery support.

I will continue to update this thread. The main work is that I will conduct historical research on the 290th Infantry Division and its subordinate artillery regiments, and talking about some interesting sites I've discovered.

Sorry my German is practically nonexistent, so if you have time, please check this thread regularly to see new pictures that I post!

[Continuous updates] A soldbuch grouping display of an artilleryman from the 290th Infantry Division, along with the accompanying medals and documents
    The 4 item groupings

Fisrt photo page

Awards page (9-9-44 & 5-6-45, what are they?)

GAB

[Continuous updates] A soldbuch grouping display of an artilleryman from the 290th Infantry Division, along with the accompanying medals and documents [Continuous updates] A soldbuch grouping display of an artilleryman from the 290th Infantry Division, along with the accompanying medals and documents
    Two example of A.K. Just as the info said, the existence of the document are more consist of pre printed. Those pictures come from Emilie's book<German Milotary Award Document>, a really nice book.

[Continuous updates] A soldbuch grouping display of an artilleryman from the 290th Infantry Division, along with the accompanying medals and documents[Continuous updates] A soldbuch grouping display of an artilleryman from the 290th Infantry Division, along with the accompanying medals and documents
    Basic info of 290th i found on library.

Thanks for looking!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture [Continuous updates] A soldbuch grouping display of an artilleryman from the 290th Infantry Division, along with the accompanying medals and documents  
    Last edited by wtxh7; 05-23-2023 at 03:58 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement [Continuous updates] A soldbuch grouping display of an artilleryman from the 290th Infantry Division, along with the accompanying medals and documents
    P
    Many

Nice looking set. He was in the 1st Battery of Artillery Regiment 290 (1./Artillerie-Rgt 290) rather than in the 1st Regiment.
    The award on 09-09-1944 is the Black Wound Badge (Verwundetenabzeichen in Schwarz) while the entry for 06-05-1945 relates to shooting results from 100m.
    Last edited by hucks216; 05-23-2023 at 01:49 PM.

?

Quote by hucks216 View Post
    Nice looking set. He was in the 1st Battery of Artillery Regiment 290 (1./Artillerie-Rgt 290) rather than in the 1st Regiment.
    The award on 09-09-1944 is the Black Wound Badge (Verwundetenabzeichen in Schwarz) while the entry for 06-05-1945 relates to shooting results from 100m.
    Great Appreciation! Yeah i found out that he suffered two shrapnel injuries, which is a match in this respect.
    Thanks for the correction!
    Tim