Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Schnellboot badge real or fake

Article about: What do you think of this Schnellboot badge. I think it is real but I would like to have a second opinion

?

Default Schnellboot badge real or fake

What do you think of this Schnellboot badge. I think it is real but I would like to have a second opinion Schnellboot badge real or fakeSchnellboot badge real or fake

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Schnellboot badge real or fake
    P
    Many

Mat,

What indicators do you think makes it real? I am not trying to be obtuse here but I am sorry to say that every KM badge that you have posted so far have not been promising and you have not provided us with any of your own thoughts as to why or why not you think the decorations are real or fake. We can provide the easy answers but how are you going to learn? Again, not trying to ruffle feathers but part of collecting insignia is doing research and looking at other examples...

We do encourage members to ask questions about their decorations and badges, but we also encourage members to conduct research and if they can't find the answers then we can assist.

I would suggest using the search engine at the top right of the page and you will find pages of information on each of the decorations you have posted.

Smitty

?

Quote by Rakkasan187 View Post
    Mat,

What indicators do you think makes it real? I am not trying to be obtuse here but I am sorry to say that every KM badge that you have posted so far have not been promising and you have not provided us with any of your own thoughts as to why or why not you think the decorations are real or fake. We can provide the easy answers but how are you going to learn? Again, not trying to ruffle feathers but part of collecting insignia is doing research and looking at other examples...

We do encourage members to ask questions about their decorations and badges, but we also encourage members to conduct research and if they can't find the answers then

I would suggest using the search engine at the top right of the page and you will find pages of information on each of the decorations you have posted.

Smitty
    I think it is real because of the small circle on the badge back. I belive to have seen it hear in this forum but can't find it anymore where it was considered to be real. When remember correctly it was an mark of an company who made them along with some other tags aren't there anymore.
    My asking for helps are my way to research and learn where a the errors. This field is a wide one and even military sellers who are in business for long time has sometimes problems to spot then. How should I how beeing in this for 1year and try to learn?
    Schnellboot badge real or fake

?

The circular mark is found on Steinhauer & Luck attributed badges. Judging by the imperfections on the reverse and the cut outs from the reverse I would say this is a cast fake of the previous mentioned manufacturers badge. It has been crudely soldered to repair a crack which might've occurred during the casting process.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Quote by Adrian View Post
    The circular mark is found on Steinhauer & Luck attributed badges. Judging by the imperfections on the reverse and the cut outs from the reverse I would say this is a cast fake of the previous mentioned manufacturers badge. It has been crudely soldered to repair a crack which might've occurred during the casting process.
    Thank you for the information

While I do not collect badges and far from being an authority
    ( others here are ) I always look for quality in construction and well fitting hardware that all German awards show. The thin weak looking pin, so poorly fitted to the hinge block alone would make me pass on this....

?

Quote by Danmark View Post
    While I do not collect badges and far from being an authority
    ( others here are ) I always look for quality in construction and well fitting hardware that all German awards show. The thin weak looking pin, so poorly fitted to the hinge block alone would make me pass on this....
    Thank you

Mat,

This forum is obviously one way to gain knowledge and information but additionally I would strongly recommend reference books that have detailed images of the badges in question. There are numerous Kriegsmarine Reference books that have excellent information in them.

The purchasing of the books will ultimately save you a lot of money.

I will also concur that this is a poorly cast fake.

Best regards

Smitty