Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe 2nd pattern dagger

Article about: Hi, New to collecting and have a few concerns about a Luftwaffe 2nd pattern dagger: Grip wire has drilled end points, believe this should terminate under the fittings. Yellow seam on handle

Default Luftwaffe 2nd pattern dagger

Hi,
    New to collecting and have a few concerns about a Luftwaffe 2nd pattern dagger:

Grip wire has drilled end points, believe this should terminate under the fittings.

Yellow seam on handle indicates post war production

Makers mark should have a center line on the dagger.

Is my understanding correct? I have learned this through other posts, is there anywhere that this is documented so I know what to look out for in future?

Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe 2nd pattern dagger   Luftwaffe 2nd pattern dagger  

Luftwaffe 2nd pattern dagger   Luftwaffe 2nd pattern dagger  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe 2nd pattern dagger
    P
    Many

?

Hello. There are also such correct grips.
    Take good pictures of the logo, the pommel, the cross guard and the whole dagger so that colleagues can help you.
    From these pictures I think this is a messed up piece.
    Wait for more opinions.
    Regards Georgi.

Default New images added

Quote by AlwaysLearningNoob View Post
    Hi,
    New to collecting and have a few concerns about a Luftwaffe 2nd pattern dagger:

Grip wire has drilled end points, believe this should terminate under the fittings.

Yellow seam on handle indicates post war production

Makers mark should have a center line on the dagger.

Is my understanding correct? I have learned this through other posts, is there anywhere that this is documented so I know what to look out for in future?

Additional images added

Thanks.
    Additional information added.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe 2nd pattern dagger   Luftwaffe 2nd pattern dagger  

Luftwaffe 2nd pattern dagger  

Thanks, additional images added

Hello Noob
    This dagger is parted junk and Georgi is correct.
    None of this is Paul Weyersburg IMO
    The grip should have springy aluminum wire wrap and this example has twisted wire.
    The Logo is missing the waffen amt stamping ...a number 5 inside of a stickbird...this blade is junk.

If you use the forums most excellent internal search engine labled " Advanced search " you can type in the type and producers name of that dagger or any other dagger and a list of threads will be shown to choose and read from

2nd Model Luftwaffe Dagger by Paul Weyersberg &Co

There is no collectable value within this dagger.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks for this info, much appreciated. Is this type of info published anywhere, recommended books, websites etc or is this knowledge picked up over time. It would benefit me to learn about warning signs.

Trying to learn as much as I can so any help is appreciated.

Noob,

There is a combination of reference books, knowing your subject by handling originals and studying. These three combined take time and learning about the subject by reaching out and asking questions prior to purchasing items will save you a lot of money and grief in the long run.

Here is a link to our reference library that shows many of the Dagger Reference Books. There are many to choose from, everyone will have their own favorites and preferred authors/reference books, but also keep in mind that these are a tool, not the sole source of information.

Daggers, Swords, and Bayonets of the Third Reich

Smitty

In Smittys link...go to Post # 14 and you will see Tom Wittmanns Luftwaffe reference.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Well it still can have some use in the garden to weed the grass growing on the cracks of the pavement

Ger