Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW1 Verwundetenabzeichen in . . . . Tarnished silber?

Article about: Howdy all, When it comes to collecting I tend to be sort of an opportunist when it comes to what I buy most of the time, I usually don't buy many medals or awards but I found this Verwundete

Default WW1 Verwundetenabzeichen in . . . . Tarnished silber?

Howdy all,

When it comes to collecting I tend to be sort of an opportunist when it comes to what I buy most of the time, I usually don't buy many medals or awards but I found this Verwundetenabzeichen behind the counter at my local surplus shop for 10$ a few years ago so naturally I couldn't pass it up when I saw it!

The catch seem different then most of the 1930s Verwundetenabzeichen I've seen so I figure it is a 1918 badge in what seems to be tarnished silver, but I could be incorrect.

My knowledge is fairly limited on medals and badges and as I've had this badge for awhile now I figured I would post it to see what y'all think.

As always any comments or information is greatly appreciated, the amount of information on this forum never seizes to amaze me!

Cheers!

WW1 Verwundetenabzeichen in . . . . Tarnished silber?WW1 Verwundetenabzeichen in . . . . Tarnished silber?
    WW1 Verwundetenabzeichen in . . . . Tarnished silber?WW1 Verwundetenabzeichen in . . . . Tarnished silber?

WW1 Verwundetenabzeichen in . . . . Tarnished silber?

Next to some of my other Imperial German Memorabilia
    (Apologies if this qualifies as several items in a post)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW1 Verwundetenabzeichen in . . . . Tarnished silber?
    P
    Many

?

Not a chance Mate! It's a cast fake that's trying to be a Schickle. Sorry for the bad news. Do you fish? It would make a good sinker.

Regards
    Brett

?

I don't know much about the Verwundetenabzeichen but I do know a poor fake and this one is unfortunately. For $10 you didn't lose much cash which is better than it could've been.
    The poor details, the blobby, soft reverse are all indicators of this. Contrast the state of the pin with the catch too.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Thank you all for the responses, I'm not too disappointed that its a fake as I only paid 10$ for it, good enough a paper weight at any rate!
    Perhaps one of these days I'll try to find an original one.
    Again thank you all for the help.

Cheers!