Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

An Outstanding M1934 Mauser Schnellfeuer with a Genuine Chained SS Dagger

Article about: Hi Collectors, I'm a German national mainly collecting high condition Imperial era collectibles, specializing in early Luger and Mauser pistols and carbines. However, there are a few excepti

Default An Outstanding M1934 Mauser Schnellfeuer with a Genuine Chained SS Dagger

Hi Collectors,

I'm a German national mainly collecting high condition Imperial era collectibles, specializing in early Luger and Mauser pistols and carbines. However, there are a few exceptions, such as a Mauser C96 pistol that was produced during the Third Reich, being the well-known Schnellfeuer, me having two in my collection with all the accessories. I also have a certain interest in Walther Olympia target pistols which I shared with my past father who gave me the collecting 'bug' 40 years ago. Although I do not have yet any popular Walther pistols such as the PP/PPK, I have had the privilage to examine and photograph several of the finest and rarest Walther pistols in the world, such as this outstanding condition Walther PPK Political Leader in its matching box with a variety of accessories and paperwork which belongs to a collector buddy. There is also a minty SA dagger with a 3-piece hanger with this marvelous set.

Since I enjoy creating displays of a historical nature, I felt that I was missing a certain dagger which would make a great combination with a Schnellfeuer set, being able to be purchased by any a senior officer or his security guard, which would be a M36 chained SS dagger. I am delighted to show members on this forum the two special items I own in my collection, the genuine M36 chained SS dagger having the correct type chain marked with DRGM in the hole of the hook. About 25 years ago, before I purchase this SS dagger last year, an authourity in Third Reich daggers told me that the M36 SS chained dagger was only supplied with a 'first version/type' chain according to German Third Reich regulations, which can be proven by the DRGM mark, the sharp details on the links as well as the light 'frosting' if any remains. Those chained SS daggers without these characteristics, having black shading in the background of the links, are not correct.

You can enjoy viewing more outstanding items on my Facebook page Imperial Arms.

Happy Collecting,
    Albert B.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement An Outstanding M1934 Mauser Schnellfeuer with a Genuine Chained SS Dagger
    P
    Many

Welcome Bavaria ...we have forums for each of those items you have posted an can be discussed further there.

There is a misconception about the first Type Chain hanger which this hanger is not the first type according the production period of these daggers.
    Your Chained SS dagger is late production type ...yet it is deemed Type 1 which in fact is a Type C . Type II is considered early period.
    Clarity on this topic can be found in this sub forum special for Chained SS daggers. See you there and enjoy your stay.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ss-di...lch-1933-1936/

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hello Albert.

Welcome to the forum.

Kind regards,

Will.