Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help with identification of SSh-40

Article about: Hey all Got this in today, a battered SSh-40. She has no visible markings, blue paint below green and has a white circle on the right side, kind of similar to what I've seen used in the Afgh

Default Help with identification of SSh-40

Hey all

Got this in today, a battered SSh-40.
    She has no visible markings, blue paint below green and has a white circle on the right side, kind of similar to what I've seen used in the Afghanistan invasion.

Liner is wrecked, but present.

Anyone have any information?
    Much appreciated!

J
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with identification of SSh-40   Help with identification of SSh-40  

Help with identification of SSh-40   Help with identification of SSh-40  

Help with identification of SSh-40   Help with identification of SSh-40  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help with identification of SSh-40
    P
    Many

Quote by JustAGuy1250 View Post
    Hey all

Got this in today, a battered SSh-40.
    She has no visible markings, blue paint below green and has a white circle on the right side, kind of similar to what I've seen used in the Afghanistan invasion.

Liner is wrecked, but present.

Photos: https://imgur.com/a/BxQXcUo
    (Via Imgur since I can't add photos via phone, don't worry as Imgur is a very reliable and trust worthy website!)

Anyone have any information?
    Much appreciated!

J
    Hello J.

Please upload your photos directly to thread. We do not allow the use of outside image hosting sites because the links expire and the thread becomes useless for future reference.

The below link will show you how to upload photos from your phone -

Visual Guide to Upload Photos

Kind regards,

Will.

I'd like to, but the mobile version of the website is extremely limited in functionality and doesn't allow us to do that.

I'll change it ASAP

?

Hi, having a quick look at the chinstrap bales, they are circular, the Hungarian M50 (a Ssh-40 copy) as that kind of bales. Russian steel helmet bales were usually rectangular for that time period.
    Jack

Just checked it and yep, can confirm.. it's a crappy M50 made up to look Soviet

Thank god i paid with PayPal, it was sold as "Soviet WW2"! Now i already didn't think it was WW2 but since it's not even Soviet, i'll be starting a chargeback process against the seller since this is just a scam at this point..

Thanks for helping me out Jack!

?

We probably all got caught with a bad deal. Post if in doubt on the forum, members are happy to help. Remember also to put the best photos available to get objective comments.
    Jack

Yeah, but i bought this without asking others since the seller has quite a few good deals and, to me, it seemed just like a Soviet SSh-40.. aside from the fact it's in a relatively bad shape.
    and yeah, looking at it, the only way i could've known it was Hungarian is those chinstrap bales and unfortunately, that was something i didn't know at that time!

oh well, fingers crossed i get my money back

May i ask how much you payed? I would never pay more like 60-70 bucks for a Post War SSh40 - so i wonder who would make an effort to convert for that kinda money.