Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ersatz Pickelhaube

Article about: Hi everyone, I'm considering to get this kind of relic Prussian Ersatz Pickelhaube. The fittings are made of iron and it has an non-removable spike. I guess it's a pre-1915 model. I really l

Default Ersatz Pickelhaube

Hi everyone,

I'm considering to get this kind of relic Prussian Rolled Edge Ersatz Pickelhaube. The fittings are made of iron and it has an non-removable spike. I guess it's a pre-1915 model and late 1895 version because of the zinc fittings. I really like this salty helmets. I noticed ome damage and maybe a bullit hole on the righthand side. A nice ghost of the Prussian eagle on the front.

I'm not sure what kind of Wappen should be on front. A brass one or a zinc one.

What do you think?

Ersatz Pickelhaube

Ersatz Pickelhaube

Ersatz Pickelhaube

Ersatz Pickelhaube

Ersatz Pickelhaube

Ersatz Pickelhaube

Ersatz Pickelhaube

Cheers Paul

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ersatz Pickelhaube
    P
    Many

Hi Paul,

Interesting Pickelhaube. I really love the look of these untouched and somewhat unloved examples too. To me, this looks like an 1895 Prussian rolled edge ersatz Pickelhaube produced between 1914/15. These are quite distinct due to the stitching around the edges and dome to strengthen and give shape to the haube. I believe it would have had a fire guilded Wappen on the front, regular liner and brass spike as yours appears to be, though heavily patinated, but minus the rear spine. And of course you would have had both Reichs and Prussian cockades fitted to the sides.

Andy

Here’s example posted to the forum in 2012. This one has a very nice fire guilded Wappen. These always patinate very nicely!

Ersatz Model 1895 Preußen Rolled-Edge Filzhelm. My first Pickelhaube!

I just won the auction. I feel like a happy camper. I learned from your post that this one was produced by J. Bambus & Co. I'll clean this one up and get rid of the vermin and cobwebs. Then get it in shape and add the missing parts. I'll post the end result. I love these kind of projects.

Cheers,

Paul

Quote by Irish1965 View Post
    I just won the auction. I feel like a happy camper. I learned from your post that this one was produced by J. Bambus & Co. I'll clean this one up and get rid of the vermin and cobwebs. Then get it in shape and add the missing parts. I'll post the end result. I love these kind of projects.

Cheers,

Paul
    Congratulations Paul! Looks like a fun project! I'd like to do one one day too, and have been looking at some Baden pickelhuabes recently. Just be weary of the individual parts as they may all end being more than the cost of purchasing a complete example. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out!

Andy

MAP
    ?

Nice find. Looking forward to seeing it cleaned up!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

There is quite a lot Preußen Adlers on offer in german ebay, they do pop-up quite often.
    Here is my two picks
    Preussen Helmadler fur die Pickelhaube fur Mannschaften versilbert | eBay
    Helmadler / Emblem / Auflage fur die Pickelhaube Preussen | eBay

Exciting find Paul, can't wait to see the rescued Pickelhaube in all its glory.

I was thinking of keeping it in a relic state. I have some relic parts laying around. Just looking for chinstrap.

Ersatz Pickelhaube

Cheers,

Paul

Quote by AndyM35 View Post
    Congratulations Paul! Looks like a fun project! I'd like to do one one day too, and have been looking at some Baden pickelhuabes recently. Just be weary of the individual parts as they may all end being more than the cost of purchasing a complete example. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out!

Andy
    I started with collecting pickelhaubes, years ago, when I didn't have the money to buy a complete example. Then it was affordable and the costs could be spend over a longer period of time. But nowadays the parts are getting more expensive and it's not worthwhile for most of the time.

But I got a few very nice examples this way. The base and fittings were already there. Just added the Wappen, the spike and the visors. Chinstrap on the M15 is a repro.

Ersatz Pickelhaube

Ersatz Pickelhaube

Ersatz Pickelhaube

Ersatz Pickelhaube

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast