Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Any idea what this is?

Article about: Hello everyone Has anybody got any idea what this is and if it’s genuine or not please? Thank you

Default Any idea what this is?

Hello everyone
    Has anybody got any idea what this is and if it’s genuine or not please?
    Thank youAny idea what this is?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Any idea what this is?
    P
    Many

?

A fantasy piece! Others also call this a piece of junk. Nothing you would want to add to your collection.

Regards, Rik

Click the link to see anothe fine example posted on the forum:
    SS Soldbuch ID card

It's a fantasy identity document, a recent invention coming out of Eastern Europe. A complete fake, made to deceive. You find all kinds, most of them from famous/infamous units, all with an overload of Nazi symbols.

If you ever encounter a document of this type, don't touch it with a bargepole. It is a complete fabrication that never existed in the period. All servicemen carried a Soldbuch, which was of a standard design, seen below. Printing a document for a specific unit would have been as impractical as it would be idiotic.

Any idea what this is?

Regards, B.B.

Many thanks Dschop and B.B. for your replies. It would have fooled me.
    Thanks again guys you saved me a few £s.

You see these al over flea markets in Poland, the traders have boxes under the counter with dozens in them.

Thanks Gunny. Like I said above it fooled me but thankfully, thanks to you guys I never bought it.

Quote by flintlock View Post
    Thanks Gunny. Like I said above it fooled me but thankfully, thanks to you guys I never bought it.
    Here is website which shows examples of these fantasy items along with some of the people hat sell them,

- http://allreaders.net/fakenaziidpassbooks.html

Regards.

Thanks Willmore. Very interesting web site. There are some really unscrupulous people out there.

No problem flintlock, I like to try and help as much as I can within my limited knowledge of course ��

Ahh, yes indeed. There are some really unscrupulous people out there. They seem to enjoy stripping TR (Third Reich) collectors of their dollars. Not that there aren't charlatans in all other areas of collecting. Please do a bit of research first and check in with us before making a significant purchase. Best wishes, Neil

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast