Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Political record of Fritz Schroder in the NSDAP. 1940.

Article about: I don't think any one is defending this fellow. It's maybe just a record of NSDAP affiliation. Opinions?

Default Political record of Fritz Schroder in the NSDAP. 1940.

I don't think any one is defending this fellow. It's maybe just a record of NSDAP affiliation. Opinions?Political record of Fritz Schroder in the NSDAP. 1940.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Political record of Fritz Schroder in the NSDAP. 1940.
    P
    Many

Outlining the Party service of one Fritz Schröder, this is a letter written by the Kreisleitung of the NSDAP in Blankenburg (Harz) to the Bahnmeisterei (roughly Railway Maintenance Division) a Dingelstedt.

Clearly, Schröder was either working at the Bahnmeisterei or had just applied for a job there.

"Old fighters" of the Nazi movement (i.e. those who had joined the Party prior to 1933) were entitled to preferential treatment when it came to civil service careers - both in getting employed there in the first place and when it came to promotions - and as proof for this, such letters by the NSDAP authorities were required.

It says:

"RE: Political activities of Pg.* Fritz Schröder, formerly resident in Benzingerorde, now resident in Eilenstedt.

Pg. Fritz Schröder has joined the NSDAP on 15 July 1932 and, according to his party book, was accepted on 1 Sept. 1932.
    Schröder was a co-founder of the SA in Benzingerode and was discharged on 16 March 1937 as a
    Scharführer in Sturm 2/132 in order to work in the Political Leadership. From this time until he moved to Eilenstedt, Pg. Schröder was the Ortsgruppenschulungsleiter** in the OG*** Benzingerode.
    Long before his joining the NSDAP, Pg. Schröder had already actively participated in all work at hand, such as preparations for assemblies, putting up posters etc.
    "

*) "Pg."= Parteigenosse, i.e. Party Comrade
    **) The person in charge of training/indoctrination for an NSDAP local chapter
    ***) "OG" = Ortsgruppe, i.e. local chapter (of the NSDAP)
    Last edited by HPL2008; 05-06-2017 at 08:45 PM.

Thank-you again. That is very interesting to see how the old fighters were given preferential treatment.

Interesting piece