Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

17 Inf. Div group

Article about: Hi folks, picked this up. Long service award doc's signed by Colonel Oskar Blumm & what I think's a facsimile signature of General Lieutenant Curt Haase. KVK2 w/s is signed by General Ma

Default 17 Inf. Div group

Hi folks, picked this up. Long service award doc's signed by Colonel Oskar Blumm & what I think's a facsimile signature of General Lieutenant Curt Haase. KVK2 w/s is signed by General Major Gustav Adolf von Zangen (KC 15 Jan '42, Oak leaves 9 Nov '44). Not sure who signed the Ost medal doc yet. Stewy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 17 Inf. Div group   17 Inf. Div group  

17 Inf. Div group   17 Inf. Div group  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 17 Inf. Div group
    P
    Many

Can anyone translate (or give me the gist) of the Feldpostkarte please. Many thanks, Stewy

nice buy.

?

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    Can anyone translate (or give me the gist) of the Feldpostkarte please. Many thanks, Stewy
    Hello Stewy,
    I can’t decipher all words so at least the general meaning of the letter:

The author writes to a certain Miss Lisbeth and belatedly answers her letter from February 2. He states that she seems to like her stay and business in Polsingen, but he, on the other hand, cannot claim exactly the same about his stay in the East because he had to go through all kind of ... in the past half a year. Yet he still managed to get away unscathed. Right now he is waiting on his leave because has not been at home for 15 months. Therefore it is really about the time he should see his beloved ones.

Unfortunately, I can't figure out the missing word which says what exactly the author went through. But given the situation on the Eastern Front in early 1944, it was surely nothing pleasant.

EDIT: It seems that Miss Lisbeth was in Polsingen as a part of the Kinderlandverschickung program - relocation of German children to the countryside from towns threatened by Allied air raids.
    Last edited by Pavel; 07-07-2016 at 08:04 AM.

Thank you Pavel. Stewy