Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

7th Flotilla U-boat Soldbuch

Article about: Hello Everyone, I have been offered this U-boat soldbuch belonging to the machinist Adam Muller. So far I have been unable to pinpoint a specific U-boat which he would have been assigned to.

Default 7th Flotilla U-boat Soldbuch

Hello Everyone,

I have been offered this U-boat soldbuch belonging to the machinist Adam Muller. So far I have been unable to pinpoint a specific U-boat which he would have been assigned to. I checked the feldpost number in the database, and now know that he was assigned to the 7th flotilla. From the seller's pictures provided, is there any way to find out which U-boat(s) he served on? My best guess is U-455, as the boat served in the 7th flotilla and seems to appear in pencil on the cover. I am just curious if there is any chance at a more solid confirmation.

Thanks in advance for all your help,
    Jake

7th Flotilla U-boat Soldbuch7th Flotilla U-boat Soldbuch7th Flotilla U-boat Soldbuch7th Flotilla U-boat Soldbuch7th Flotilla U-boat Soldbuch7th Flotilla U-boat Soldbuch7th Flotilla U-boat Soldbuch7th Flotilla U-boat Soldbuch

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 7th Flotilla U-boat Soldbuch
    P
    Many

There is a Feldpost Number on Page 3 and 4 (and elsewhere) that reads 03850 - that is the FpNr for U-455. In fact, Adam Müller was still on U-455 when she was sunk with all hands on 6th April 1944 near La Spezia possibly after entering a German mine barrage.
    Initially reported as missing, the U-Boat was discovered in 2005 at a depth of 120m, 2 miles from Portofino.

Here is his entry in the Volksbund Database.

Not 100% sure but the second signature on Page 36 might be that of Joachim Bandlow who was killed aboard U-467 in May 1943.

Hucks,
    Thank you so much for the information! I tried to look up that # in the database and it came up with an infantry regiment. Clearly I was doing something wrong! I'm very glad you were able to clear up the fate of Adam Muller, even if it is a tragic one.
    Regards,
    Jake

Jake you now know where he rests,I believe there are some pics of the wreck.

Yes indeed harry,

Quote by Fallschirmjager1941 View Post
    Hucks,
    ...I tried to look up that # in the database and it came up with an infantry regiment. ...
    Jake
    That's the one. It did belong to 2./Inf.Rgt 78 in 1940 but was reassigned to U-455 in 1941. It looks like he was on U-455 from the start as there is a stamp on the Leave Pages for 5.Unterseebootsflottille which was the training flotilla in Kiel that U-455 belonged to at the beginning of its service in 1941.