Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

7th SS Prinz Eugen Division Soldbuch

Article about: Here is my latest SS soldbuch also a big thank you too Kevin (Hucks216) for the tip off

?

Default 7th SS Prinz Eugen Division Soldbuch

Here is my latest SS soldbuch also a big thank you too Kevin (Hucks216) for the tip off
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 7th SS Prinz Eugen Division Soldbuch   7th SS Prinz Eugen Division Soldbuch  

7th SS Prinz Eugen Division Soldbuch   7th SS Prinz Eugen Division Soldbuch  

7th SS Prinz Eugen Division Soldbuch  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 7th SS Prinz Eugen Division Soldbuch
    P
    Many

Default Re: 7th SS Prinz Eugen Division Soldbuch

Man you are on a roll with these !! Are you collecting one from every SS Division?

Well done mate

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Man you are on a roll with these !! Are you collecting one from every SS Division?

Well done mate

Nick
    Thanks Nick & yes wouldn't that be lovely , shame i can't i afford too

Nice Soldbuch. Looking at the Lazarett page it looks like he was wounded on 26th October 1944 and after being transferred to numerous other hospitals finally died of his wounds on 13th January 1945. If you have the history of PE as written by Otto Kumm you should be able to find out during what battle he received his wounds (no doubt against Partisans).

The signature at the bottom of Page 2 and the top of Page 15 is that of Wolfgang Danz who was KIA on 2nd June 1944 at Ranci. The signature immediately below the two Danz signatures on Page 15 is that of Franz Schmidt who is holding temporary command of 1./Nachr.Abt 7.

?

Quote by hucks216 View Post
    The signature at the bottom of Page 2 and the top of Page 15 is that of Wolfgang Danz who was KIA on 2nd June 1944 at Ranci. The signature immediately below the two Danz signatures on Page 15 is that of Franz Schmidt who is holding temporary command of 1./Nachr.Abt 7.
    Thanks Kevin for all the info

?

Another nice book !! Unfortunately i don't have Kumms boo on PE to add anymore info for you !
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Another nice book !! Unfortunately i don't have Kumms boo on PE to add anymore info for you !
    Thanks Paul , perhaps someone else who reads this may have the book & can give me/us all the information

?

I did just find this:

In 1944 the division rested and received additions in the Ragusa-Split area. After the vacation they battled against the Tito partisans. In October 1944 they retreated while fighting with the Red Army through Yugoslavia to Belgrad. During the defence battles the division suffered great losses which resulted in many soldiers deciding to desert.

I do have the PE book but unfortunately it is stored at a relatives house. I do have some hand drawn maps from Eggert Neumann's files that show where some of the division was at the time he won his Knights Cross which was just a couple of weeks earlier (6th Oct 1944).

7th SS Prinz Eugen Division Soldbuch 7th SS Prinz Eugen Division Soldbuch

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast