Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Another Sachsenhausen wehrpass

Article about: This one to Walter Bremer. The training entry is for a gewehr 88. I have a distant photo of him in front of a damaged building with a rifle that looks like an 88 over his shoulder.

Default Another Sachsenhausen wehrpass

This one to Walter Bremer. The training entry is for a gewehr 88. I have a distant photo of him in front of a damaged building with a rifle that looks like an 88 over his shoulder.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Another Sachsenhausen wehrpass   Another Sachsenhausen wehrpass  

Another Sachsenhausen wehrpass   Another Sachsenhausen wehrpass  

Another Sachsenhausen wehrpass   Another Sachsenhausen wehrpass  

Another Sachsenhausen wehrpass  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Another Sachsenhausen wehrpass
    P
    Many

Are there any other entries such as rank etc?
    This one I am not too sure about. Without further entries I wouldn't be sure that he was called up to serve at all even though he has been categorised as 'Conditionally Fit For War' and 'Untrained conscript, fully qualified, under 35'. He might of been Volkssturm but unless there are authorising stamps from Sachsenhausen I'd be wary of this one.

Thanks again. Yes this one I have never really been too happy with and luckily it was bought off an honest dealer who was also not fully convinced and It was quite cheap. There are no other entries apart from his rifle. The lack of signatures and rank have always made me wander. There is a photo of him in a uniform from a distance and signed on the back with Oranienberg 14/10/44. It is difficult to tell what uniform it is but it could be a guards uniform or Wehrmacht. I will post a picture. Many thanks for your looking.

Here is a picture of Walter. Interesting picture with pock marked building. Any ideas about the uniform. I know it's small but you may be able to pick out something. Many thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Another Sachsenhausen wehrpass   Another Sachsenhausen wehrpass  

Looking at the photo on my phone, I can't ID the uniform. I'll look at it on my computer screen when I'm home later today, but don't have much hope.

I can tell you it was taken somewhere in Austria.

The shopfront is marked "Fleischhauer und Selcher" (meaning "butcher and smoker"); these are terms used in Austria. (The former term in particular is unique to Austria.)

It is impossible to say. The blurred insignia could be one thing or it could be another but without better detail I don't think anyone can say for sure. It might not even be the same person. In the photo there looks like a dark mark under his nose indicating a possible 'Hitler type' moustache but it could also just be a shadow.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    I can tell you it was taken somewhere in Austria.

The shopfront is marked "Fleischhauer und Selcher" (meaning "butcher and smoker"); these are terms used in Austria. (The former term in particular is unique to Austria.)
    I agree - if the back has Oranienberg 1944 on it then someone has probably done it to mislead in conjunction with the Wehrpass.

Luckily it was only twenty quid. The pass it's real and the photo real but somebody's obviously had a fiddle. I was suspicious those look like shell holes. I know Oranienberg was bombed but it looks like fairly close artillery fire. Thanks again

Would you take out the dodgy page and keep the book? I don't want anyone to get done.

Quote by Bonecollector View Post
    Would you take out the dodgy page and keep the book? I don't want anyone to get done.
    No, it is what it is now.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast