Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Arbeitsbuch, diamonds in the rough?

Article about: I have been collecting for more years than I care to recall, and it is an evolving interest with almost every new addition taking me off on another adventure. For those just setting out in t

Default Arbeitsbuch, diamonds in the rough?

I have been collecting for more years than I care to recall, and it is an evolving interest with almost every new addition taking me off on another adventure. For those just setting out in the collecting world I thought I might draw your attention to what I'm calling "diamonds in the rough". Sometimes the most mundane of items can be more than it seems, in this case it is an Arbeitsbuch.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Arbeitsbuch, diamonds in the rough?
    P
    Many

Josef Kirschbaum was born in Bad Oldesloe and worked as a truck driver for a quarry, that is until he went into the Wehrmacht in 1940, no doubt a truck driver being a useful person.

But a bit of research soon proved that Josef had been part of something more momentous. He is listed as missing on the memorial to the lost at Volgograd, Stalingrad.

So when you next pass by that ordinary piece of common TR militaria you might pause and pick it up. For me such cheap and ordinary items are jewels.

Last edited by BlackCat1982; 11-06-2018 at 09:08 PM. Reason: Rotated photos