Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ausweis for local guard of some sort?

Article about: Hello, Do not know how to move a thread t another section of the forum, so I copied it here again bellow: "Hello, Would be interested to know if this type of ausweis was issued to the l

Default Ausweis for local guard of some sort?

Hello,
    Do not know how to move a thread t another section of the forum, so I copied it here again bellow:

"Hello,
    Would be interested to know if this type of ausweis was issued to the local population and what were their tasks?
    Would they join the SS or policeman in the "hunt" and killing of local Jews?
    Sorry if the question might seem insensitive, not intended to offend anyone."
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ausweis for local guard of some sort?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ausweis for local guard of some sort?
    P
    Many

I suspect that the bearer of the pass might well have got involved with such tasks....
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

The Fpn 47088 was associated with Bahnhofsoffizier 353 unit between 28.2.1941-29.7.1941, if I have read it correctly?

Thank you for the reply Adrian.
    I can also see the applied stamp for "Ortskdtr. I (V) 286" and I presume it stands for "Ortskommandantur"?
    The term used for these local-militia is "ukrainischen Selbstschutz Verbandes"...and the date is for after July you mentioned above, is this significant?

The Fpn 47088 was not used again by Bahnhofsoffizier 353 again until March 1943, without further research I'm not sure if the two units are related to Ortskdtr or not.