Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Brandenburger, spot of luck today!

Article about: Guys, While I was wasting time raking through some old feldpost and run of the mill junk the wife phones me and said she has found some photos and a book thing but there are other dealers wa

?

Default Re: Brandenburger, spot of luck today!

Brilliant find Jock and good luck with any search for more info' about him.

Regards etc

Ian D

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Here is the Brandenburg Book I have ad 6th Company is mentioned and so are individuals - but I don't know if this particular soldier is mentioned...

Brandenburg Division: Commandos of the Reich Special operations: Amazon.co.uk: Eric Lefevre: Books

6th Company was the vanguard for the 22nd LL Division as it pushed into the Crimea.

Quote by hucks216 View Post
    Here is the Brandenburg Book I have ad 6th Company is mentioned and so are individuals - but I don't know if this particular soldier is mentioned...

Brandenburg Division: Commandos of the Reich Special operations: Amazon.co.uk: Eric Lefevre: Books

6th Company was the vanguard for the 22nd LL Division as it pushed into the Crimea.
    Hucks,

Thanks for the info I have ordered up the book you mentioned at the library, it will take 10 days to get this side!

Regards

Jock

Guys,

I have got both the books and done a lot of googling to no end. Has anyone any ideas on how I can move forward?

Thanks

Jock

The only thing I can think of is contact a researcher who can go through the archives at NARA to see if his personnel files are there, but that won't be cheap.

The only thing I can think of is contact a researcher who can go through the archives at NARA to see if his personnel files are there, but that won't be cheap.
    I will carry on searching, I'm not keen to spend money on it.

Thanks

Jock

Maybe there is a Brandenburger Association that you could try to contact?

You said that you found this on a stall - was it just a sort of Sunday market thing or a dedicated militaria fair? If the former where is the soldier's birth place (Ciemar) in relation to where you are? Maybe it found its way into the stallholders hands from local sources.

Maybe there is a Brandenburger Association that you could try to contact?

You said that you found this on a stall - was it just a sort of Sunday market thing or a dedicated militaria fair? If the former where is the soldier's birth place (Ciemar) in relation to where you are? Maybe it found its way into the stallholders hands from local sources.
    It was a flee market a random stall holder but a bit of a antique dealer/ house clearance guy. Most likely some elderly family member has died and the kids have called the house clearance folk. I will try again if he shows up again.

Jock

Is it a common name for your area?

Is it a common name for your area?
    It is not unusual I think. It is also too late if the clearance people have been through it, what bothers me is that the WP was €40 so I did not look closely at the feldpost that was with it as I seen the entries for the EK1 and thought it was a reasonable price but in hind site there was a handfull of other paprework possibly related that had sold when I went back, oh well you can't win them all!!!

Jock

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast