Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Does This Arbeitsbuch Look Good?

Article about: I've never bought one before, but it's being offered for a good price. My concern with it is that it looks like it has post WW2 dates along with period dates. Is there any explanation for th

Default Does This Arbeitsbuch Look Good?

I've never bought one before, but it's being offered for a good price. My concern with it is that it looks like it has post WW2 dates along with period dates. Is there any explanation for this? Sorry for the pictures being out of order, posted this with my phone.

Thanks,
    Matt
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Does This Arbeitsbuch Look Good?   Does This Arbeitsbuch Look Good?  

Does This Arbeitsbuch Look Good?   Does This Arbeitsbuch Look Good?  

Does This Arbeitsbuch Look Good?   Does This Arbeitsbuch Look Good?  

Does This Arbeitsbuch Look Good?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Does This Arbeitsbuch Look Good?
    P
    Many

?

Possibly the post world war dates were from processing by the allied authorities after release

Quote by AMTG View Post
    Possibly the post world war dates were from processing by the allied authorities after release
    No; they are for regular occupations, stamped and signed by the employers:

• 5 Nov. 45 - 28 Feb. 46 as a worker in the Meta-Werk metalware factory
    • 6 April 46 - 8 June 46 as a cleaning lady and courier/errand woman in the massage practice of one Willi Pritsch
    • 9 Dec. 46 - 25 March 49 as a worker in the electrotechnical industry for the Siemens & Halske company

I see no problem with the entries from the early post-war years. With the old order collapsed and the nation in a transitional period where all aspects of public administration underwent re-building, reforms and re-organization, the continued use of such Third Reich-era documents was inevitable for the transitional period until they were rendered obsolete by the introduction of new proceedings and paperwork.

The German Democratic Republic even retained/re-introduced the Arbeitsbuch system, where it was employed well into the 1960s.

Thanks so much for the help!