MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Early War Wehrpas

Article about: I have this earlier 1939 issued Wehrpas from a fellow with attached feldpost letter. I can make out Friedrich as a first name DOB 17 Jul 1907 and from Farbach, and as usual very hard to read

Default Early War Wehrpas

I have this earlier 1939 issued Wehrpas from a fellow with attached feldpost letter. I can make out Friedrich as a first name DOB 17 Jul 1907 and from Farbach, and as usual very hard to read the handwriting. He was called up 19 April 1939 for his physical I believe, and doesn't appear to have been placed into a reserve status. Looks to have been reported to reserve training from 30-6-39 periodically to 1-29-45. A very odd scenario for he was a younger man to not serve active duty sickly? Well connected?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early War Wehrpas   Early War Wehrpas  

Early War Wehrpas   Early War Wehrpas  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early War Wehrpas
    P
    Many

I do not see where he was ever placed on active duty or in the Landwehr or Landsturm

The name is Friedrich Storr.

He had his draft board examination on 19 April 1939, was found fit for duty and placed in the Ersatzreserve I [replacement reserves I, made up of untrained men under the age of 35].

He was called up for a Kurzausbildung [abbreviated military training] from 13 to 21 April 1942 and 11 Aug. 1942 to 29 Aug. 1942, which took place in Oslo in occupied Norway.

The entries on page 41 and 42 are not call-ups, merely transfers from the jurisdiction of one draft board to another one. This was done every time a person subject to potential conscription moved their place of residence; they had to officially de-register with the draft board in charge of their old place of residence (= entries in the right column) and register with that in charge of their new home (= entries in the left column). (Our man got around a bit.)

He was probably not called up for active service due to his being occupied in a line of work that was deemend vital for the war effort. The red cover implies that he worked for the Mineralöl-Baugesellschaft [Mineral Oil Construction Company], which was an important supplier to the armed forces. His frequent relocations were very likely job-related as well.

Thank you Andreas .

Very odd a fellow of his age didn't serve on active duty. As you stated he was found fit for duty.so as you stated he bounced around from place to place. Why Oslo for abbreviated training? Norway was occupied, and not train in Germany itself?

Thank you for piecing it together for me Andreas ��