Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Fallshirmschutzenschein

Article about: Here's a document you don't see every day! This para ID card is in used but excellent condition, and I am very fortunate to have this in my collection 😊 Unfortunately some of the ink

Default Fallshirmschutzenschein

Here's a document you don't see every day! This para ID card is in used but excellent condition, and I am very fortunate to have this in my collection 😊

Unfortunately some of the ink has faded over the span of 74 yrs
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fallshirmschutzenschein   Fallshirmschutzenschein  

Fallshirmschutzenschein  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fallshirmschutzenschein
    P
    Many

I wonder if this fellow survived the war ? I think about it at times when I see a soldiers papers or photo.

Quote by humble collector View Post
    I wonder if this fellow survived the war ? I think about it at times when I see a soldiers papers or photo.
    Nope - he was killed in Russia in March 1944. Someone has written it on the back of the licence.
    His wartime grave, and so his body, has not been found.

Volksbund entry...

Nachname: Kings
    Vorname: Peter
    Dienstgrad: Gefreiter
    Geburtsdatum: 07.12.1924
    Geburtsort: Kerpen
    Todes-/Vermisstendatum: 08.03.1944
    Todes-/Vermisstenort: Petrakowka,HVPl.d.Sanko 1/13

However, I am not sure if that photo is original to the Fallshirmschutzenschein or has been added post-war and doesn't actually show the paratrooper in question. 1) the photo has no authorising stamps, and 2) the rank on his tabs show an Obergefreiter and he never reached that rank.

I noticed the rank differences myself