Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help with Kriegsmarine Soldbuch

Article about: Hi everyone, What can anybody tell me about this guy? in particular what awards are noted here? I can see the two EK's, but what are the others? With thanks, Douglas

Default Help with Kriegsmarine Soldbuch

Hi everyone, What can anybody tell me about this guy? in particular what awards are noted here? I can see the two EK's, but what are the others? With thanks, Douglas
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with Kriegsmarine Soldbuch   Help with Kriegsmarine Soldbuch  

Help with Kriegsmarine Soldbuch  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help with Kriegsmarine Soldbuch
    P
    Many

Default Re: Help with Kriegsmarine Soldbuch

I think the top one is minesweeper ant sub.

The top award is for the Minesweeper Badge, as seen here... Axis History Factbook: Minesweeper Badge However I have to say that I think the EK II & I entries are faked as I am not too comfortable with the signatures that authorises them. It looks like the faker tried to copy the legitimate signature for the Minesweeper Award entry. Not only that but I think the last award says Deutsche Kreuz Gold and there is no-one with that surname listed in the Kriegsmarine entries on the Ordensträger for the Deutsche Kreuz in Gold - and if that is a fake entry with that signature then it stands to reason that the EK II & I entries are fake also. Does that signature appear anywhere else in that Soldbuch?
    As an aside, the Feldpost Number shown with the Minesweeper Badge entry is for the following unit... Minenräumschiff 12 Barkassen-Gruppe.

Do you have images of Pages 2 & 3?

Thankyou for your help. Clearly if the book has been altered that is very disapointing. I have uploaded some further pages. A pair of pages is missing from the middle (19-22).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with Kriegsmarine Soldbuch   Help with Kriegsmarine Soldbuch  

Help with Kriegsmarine Soldbuch   Help with Kriegsmarine Soldbuch  

Help with Kriegsmarine Soldbuch   Help with Kriegsmarine Soldbuch  

Thanks for the extra images. Unfortunately just a quick glance at Page 3 proves that the EK II, I & DKiG entries are all fakes in a blatant attempt to change a £60 Soldbuch into a £600+ Soldbuch.
    I have attached the images that prove my point. On Page 3 the last two, genuine, signatures are for a Leutnant Wolling - the last signature on that page is dated just 1 day before the DKiG entry so it would stand to reason that the signature for both the Page 3 entry and the DKiG entry should be the same but they are completely different. And on the awards page, from the EK I to the DKiG entry it shows the same fake signature and yet the second from last entry on Page 3 shows Wolling again a month before the DKiG entry so if the DKiG entry was legitimate the signature should of been Wolling as he held that post from before that award.

Help with Kriegsmarine SoldbuchHelp with Kriegsmarine Soldbuch

Well, thanks for your help and great detective work. Fortunatley £60 is exactly what I paid for it, so it could have been worse and at least it is substantially genuine and wont have to go in the bin! (unlike some of the fakes I have had identified on this forum).

If anyone can read any entries or tell me anything else about this soldbuch and the sailor in question, I would appreciate it.

There's not much to add really. He was born on 31st December 1922 (although I can't make out the name of the place he was born). He was Catholic and stood at 168cm tall.
    His Soldbuch was opened in May 1941 (the Kriegsmarine didn't have Soldbucher before 1941 unlike the other forces of the Wehrmacht) and was issued by Schiff-Stamm-Abt 10.
    He was promoted 4 times during his service and while it is hard to read his last rank I think it might (or should) be Matrosen-Stabsgefreiter.
    From the Feldpost Numbers, we know he served with Minenräumschiff 11 & Minenräumschiff 12 Barkassen-Gruppe. And he won the Minesweeper Badge on 22nd July 1943.

His Stammrollen Nr was N-12184/41-S which means that he was Kriegsmarine recruit number 12184 of 1941 with the N meaning Nordsee and the S showing that he was in the Seamanship branch (Seemanischen Dienst).

Thats very helpful, thankyou.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast