Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

help with this Soldbuch

Article about: I llike having the help to translate the book of this soldier and how can the value of document that is done many page complete thanks andrelus 4 picture link to see all other picture http:/

Default help with this Soldbuch

I llike having the help to translate the book of this soldier and how can the value of document that is done many page complete
    thanks andrelus

4 picture

link to see all other picture
    http://picasaweb.google.ca/steveluss...eat=directlink
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture help with this Soldbuch   help with this Soldbuch  

help with this Soldbuch   help with this Soldbuch  

Last edited by andrelus; 04-04-2010 at 09:28 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement help with this Soldbuch
    P
    Many

Default Re: help with this Soldbuch

How come his height is given in feet and inches?

Quote by Peter Hoffmann View Post
    How come his height is given in feet and inches?
    A good observation, and I am afraid most of the other entries that don't make any sense, either. A few random examples:

- His blood group (= Blutgruppe) is given as "Blutarm", i.e. "anaemic"!
    - Gas mask size ("Gasmaskengröße") is given as "normal"; this should be a single-digit number (for example "2").
    - A British/American-style shoe size "7 1/2" is given under "Schuhzeuglänge" (footwear length); this should be an entry in centimeters (for example "26").
    - The company designations are - again in British/American style - letters, while for the German military, they should be numbers.
    - Under Replacement Army unit, ("Ersatztruppenteil") the town name "Delmenhorst" is given instead of any unit designation. (The same town name is also randomly stamped on the cover and page 2.)
    - On the page listing the next of kin, the word "Frau" (= wife) is entered in the space where the Soldbuch owner's name should go.
    - On the same page, the house numbers in the addresses appear before the street names. In German, they would appear after them.
    - On the same page, an empty space was "sealed".

Whoever faked this one certainly liked using his official stamps didn't he!

Plus on page 14 there is a date of 24th October 1945! Nothing like being an optimist

Most helpful reply.....Thanks I learnt something

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    A good observation, and I am afraid most of the other entries that don't make any sense, either. A few random examples:

- His blood group (= Blutgruppe) is given as "Blutarm", i.e. "anaemic"!
    - Gas mask size ("Gasmaskengröße") is given as "normal"; this should be a single-digit number (for example "2").
    - A British/American-style shoe size "7 1/2" is given under "Schuhzeuglänge" (footwear length); this should be an entry in centimeters (for example "26").
    - The company designations are - again in British/American style - letters, while for the German military, they should be numbers.
    - Under Replacement Army unit, ("Ersatztruppenteil") the town name "Delmenhorst" is given instead of any unit designation. (The same town name is also randomly stamped on the cover and page 2.)
    - On the page listing the next of kin, the word "Frau" (= wife) is entered in the space where the Soldbuch owner's name should go.
    - On the same page, the house numbers in the addresses appear before the street names. In German, they would appear after them.
    - On the same page, an empty space was "sealed".

Thanks for your observations, gentlemen; very interesting.

many thanks for all info if i am understand the book is original but all enter is fake thanks to all

I beleive the whole thing is fake. Most likely a reprint book used by a re-enactor.

Cheers, Ade.

?

I have a question, might be stupid to some.....but other than the many other obvious faults of this soldbuch.....would a quick identifier of a fake be that the 'blutgruppe' letter is NOT written in RED?? alot of soldbuchs i have seen have the blood type in RED writing.
    Again, sorry if this is a bad question, im still learning when it comes to documents. thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast