Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help on a Wehrpass please. DKG winner

Article about: Guys, I know this is a long shot, but i just picked up a little grouping to a Luftwaffe Observer by the name of Willi Beimgraben from a weather staffel Wetter-Erkundungs-Staffel, according t

Default Help on a Wehrpass please. DKG winner

Guys, I know this is a long shot, but i just picked up a little grouping to a Luftwaffe Observer by the name of Willi Beimgraben from a weather staffel Wetter-Erkundungs-Staffel, according to my CD on winners, he was awarded the German Cross in Gold on 01.10.44 (posthumously)
    The awards listed are Front Sp Bronze, silver and gold, EK1 & 2 Beobachterabz,(observers badge) Fliiegerschutzen- abzeichen,(air gunner) Ehrenpakal LW, and DK. My question in, has anyone any information on him being listed as receiving the honour goblet, I am missing that list.and it would be nice to just confirm the award. Not that I have any doubt (we all say that). It came with a photo album of him from his time in the HJ, and into main service. Thanks for any help

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help on a Wehrpass please. DKG winner
    P
    Many

Default Re: Help on a Wehrpass please. DKG winner

I posted this on the WAF but will post here also...

The Ordenstrager lists him for the Ehrenpokal...

Beimgarten
    Willi
    Inspekteur
    Meteorologe
    Ehrenpokal

...and the DKiG...

Beimgraben
    Willi
    Gefreiter
    Wetter-Erkundungs-Staffel
    Deutsches Kreuz in Gold (Luftwaffe)

I also posted this...

I've just noticed the difference in the spelling of the surname for the Ehrenpokal, and the difference in ranks. I'd say that this is the same man - does the date for the Ehrenpokal in the wehrpass match the one given here?
    I wonder if he was transferred from a civilian office to a military unit (hence the change from Inspekteur to Gefreiter)?

Thanks everso much for the information, that was what was confusing me. I have a "Beimgarten" but not a "Beimgraben" although the dates in the pass do tally. Perhaps i should not be so paranoid about things

appreciate the info, perhaps i should do some scans and post them?

Aye, it would be good to see the scans of what sounds like a nice wehrpass and photos group.

some photos
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help on a Wehrpass please. DKG winner   Help on a Wehrpass please. DKG winner  

Help on a Wehrpass please. DKG winner   Help on a Wehrpass please. DKG winner  

Very nice & interesting wehrpass. I wonder what he did to get the DKiG?

Don't know, it is interesting though. Thanks for all the comments. I must say that over on "the other one" someone found a cracking photo of the man

The albums nice too. If I get a chance I'll post some of those also.

Really appreciate your help

If his file is sitting in an archive somewhere (NARA?) then they could shed light on the details of his service and awards.

It would be good to find out more, i must admit.
    In the meantime, here's a couple of photos, "flashed" out on purpose. Although there only about 10 photos in the album, it certainly gives the pass the human touch
    2 in the HJ, and three in "service"
    Attached Images Attached Images Help on a Wehrpass please. DKG winner  Help on a Wehrpass please. DKG winner  Help on a Wehrpass please. DKG winner  Help on a Wehrpass please. DKG winner