Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Jag.Rgt.749 Wehrpas

Article about: Hi all, This is my first Wehrpas, came with the holder too!! Here is the info I have been told about it, Josef Singerer was involved in anti-partisan battles in Greece from May untill Octobe

Default Jag.Rgt.749 Wehrpas

Hi all,
    This is my first Wehrpas, came with the holder too!! Here is the info I have been told about it, Josef Singerer was involved in anti-partisan battles in Greece from May untill October 1943, He was first listed as MIA in Oct of 43 then KIA on Dec 6 1943. He joined the Wehrmacht with Inf.Ers.Bt.55 in 1941, then with Gren.Ausb.Btl.72. From March untill May 1943 his unit was Aufst.Stab Semlin which was Aufstellungsstab(a part of Belgrad, Jugoslawia). From Oct 43 he served with Jager-Regiment 749.
    Anything else you guys see or want to add to the description please feel free, Although my descritption sums it up I would like to know more if possible. Thanks.
    Jag.Rgt.749 WehrpasJag.Rgt.749 WehrpasJag.Rgt.749 WehrpasJag.Rgt.749 WehrpasJag.Rgt.749 WehrpasJag.Rgt.749 WehrpasJag.Rgt.749 WehrpasJag.Rgt.749 WehrpasJag.Rgt.749 WehrpasJag.Rgt.749 Wehrpas

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Jag.Rgt.749 Wehrpas
    P
    Many

Default Re: Jag.Rgt.749 Wehrpas

Nice little score, well done! Are there any awards listed?
    cheers, Glenn

ummmmm what page would that be on? lol
    His gas mask was size 2, his helmet size is 56, cap size 55, and blood type A, all listed on page 46
    I dont notice anything about awards but I am not sure where to look.

I believe it would be under the heading "Orden", "Ehrenzeichen" or "Verleihungen"...No worries, I was just being curious, lol...Like it alot!
    cheers, Glenn

nope nothing that I can tell. lord knows where his soldbuch ended up, most likely in his grave, if he had one.

These were often sent to the family along with personal possessions after the owner's death...
    cheers, Glenn

Here is the Wehrpass thread when Klaus Butschek posted it on here and on the WAF before sticking it on his auction...
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/soldb...h-unit-276778/

Anti-Partisan Wehrpaß - help with unit - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

?

Thought we'd had this before !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Thank you, did not know that.

?

Jäger Josef Singerer of 5./Jäger Regiment 749.

Jag.Rgt.749 Wehrpas

Name: Josef Singerer
    Date of birth: 15.12.1920
    Place of birth: Loisnitz
    Death/missing date: 7.12.1943
    Death/missing place: Mazeika Griechenld.

Josef Singerer’s remains could not be positively identified and is listed at tomb 2 plate 11 among the unknown at the cemetery in Dionyssos-Rapendoza.

Not sure what brought the demise of Josef Singerer but I found a note elsewhere. It was written that “5th Company of the 749th Division (First Lieutenant's Schober company was captured by the guerrilla groups during the battle of Kerpini, 6km away from Kalavryta on 16-18 October 1943.” On 13!December 1943, Lieutenant Colonel Wölfinger gave an order to identify and eradicate guerrilla groups, detect communists, arms, and propaganda, and also track 5. kompanie of JR749.

This regiment was apart of recently underway Unternehmen Kalawrita while in 117. Jäger Division under General von Le Suire. The division killed over 1200 civilians in a reprisal operation in Mazeika and Kalavryta on 13 December, known as the Kalavryta massacre.