Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

LAH Soldbuch-tracing

Article about: I would say that he was admitted into the Res.Laz system on the 1st June 1940 and then transferred from one Lazarett to another on the 11th June until the last date shown on the right hand p

Default LAH Soldbuch-tracing

Hi,

Would be very interesting to locate his files that are kept in the US...have heard that at times such files may be found...

Also, can one identify the date and original unit when enlisting via the first page here?

Thanks,
    Neil.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture LAH Soldbuch-tracing  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement LAH Soldbuch-tracing
    P
    Many

Default Re: LAH Soldbuch-tracing

Hi Neil, the SS personel records in the NARA archives are not complete. It can be hit and miss. Officers are easy to find as these records are more or less all there. I can recommend a good researcher to you.

Your man was an earlier member of the LAH, given it is written designation of SS-VT LAH. So most likely pre 1940 when the term Waffen SS came into use.

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks Ade.
    So the Wehernummer at the bottom is a 39, would that be the year?

The date that the Soldbuch was officially 'opened' will be stamped & signed at the bottom of page 2. What is his surname - I can make out the D (then possibly an 'r') at the start and finishing with an 's'?

Sadly, there is no date at the bottom of page 2...his earliest urlaub was December 1939...name was Werner Drews.

I was going to ask for his date of birth (top of Pg 2 ) but judging by the tear seen on Pg 1 I think that information is missing. There are 12 Werner Drews listed in the Volksbund database - of those 12 there is definitely one SS soldier listed, born 16th May 1922 in Husum and being killed in action near Romny on 22nd Sept 1941.

He was born on 12.04.1911 in Rügenwalde.

The only Werner Drews listed on the Volksbund database with a birth year of 1911 was KIA on 21st March 1945 but he is listed as a Pionier so it won't be him.

Well, I can see from his soldbuch that he may have been wounded during the battle for France 1940 and maybe again in 1941, but not sure...
    Also, his first Urlaub dates from 1939, might indicate be date of enlistment...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture LAH Soldbuch-tracing   LAH Soldbuch-tracing  

From May 1941 (?) we can see he starts to spend most of his war years, up to May 1944, in an SS-Lazaret, but not sure if it was because he was wounded or serving there...

Any ideas?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture LAH Soldbuch-tracing   LAH Soldbuch-tracing  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast