Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Late War Heer Soldbuch "Grenadier"

Article about: I dug out another Soldbuch from my collection a rather difficult task to fully translate for me. Alfons Bachhuber looks like rank of gefrieter or Grenadier born in Munich 6-27-27 appears to

Default Late War Heer Soldbuch "Grenadier"

I dug out another Soldbuch from my collection a rather difficult task to fully translate for me.

Alfons Bachhuber looks like rank of gefrieter or Grenadier born in Munich 6-27-27 appears to have entered service 30 October 44, blood group O possible units of Fest. BTN 1113, FB 70, Verw, Kp 280, Gren ERs BTN 375. Possibly the Lappen campaign. I do not see any decorations. Any help would be appreciated 😊
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Late War Heer Soldbuch "Grenadier"   Late War Heer Soldbuch "Grenadier"  

Late War Heer Soldbuch "Grenadier"   Late War Heer Soldbuch "Grenadier"  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Late War Heer Soldbuch "Grenadier"
    P
    Many

This fellow may have possibly been a POW. There is an entry in it stating a returning of his Soldbuch in July 45. Im no too certain

The sequence of numbers within the black lined box on page 1 are probably his PoW numbers.

Quote by hucks216 View Post
    The sequence of numbers within the black lined box on page 1 are probably his PoW numbers.
    Thank you Sir, from what I could decipher I thought he was a POW

Quote by humble collector View Post
    Alfons Bachhuber looks like rank of gefrieter or Grenadier born in Munich 6-27-27 appears to have entered service 30 October 44, blood group O possible units of Fest. BTN 1113, FB 70, Verw, Kp 280, Gren ERs BTN 375. Possibly the Lappen campaign.
    Offhand, I can't find anything pointing to where he was deployed, but if you are referring to the word "Lappen": That has nothing to do with Lappland; it merely means he was issued a rag.

on page 21 looks like this fellow had to pay 20 RM and owed a subsequent 26 RM on August 45. Looks like he got into a spot of trouble

Oberzahlmeister or upper purser official on a ship responsible for papers. Too broken up for my readings of this type of handwriting. Very hard to piece together

on page 21 looks like this fellow had to pay 20 RM and owed a subsequent 26 RM on August 45. Looks like he got into a spot of trouble
    No; that's his pay.

He drew a monthly total of 46.17 Reichsmarks in June and July 1945. In August, he only got 20.-- RM for lack of cash funds and nothing at all in September. The entries state that he was entitled to the balance of, respectively, 26.17 and 46.17 RM due pay.

Oberzahlmeister or upper purser official on a ship responsible for papers. Too broken up for my readings of this type of handwriting. Very hard to piece together
    No ship connection in this case; Oberzahlmeister is an official's rank designation for an army paymaster with a rank equivalent to Oberleutnant.

Thank you Andreas, it's very nice to have a German fellow to translate. This book is much more difficult for me to decipher than some of the others

It appears he had a few entries from the paymaster from pages 21-22

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast