Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Luftwaffe Ace Horst Ademeit Ritterkreuz Award Document Authentication

Article about: Hello all! I purchased this piece at auction today and wanted to get some thoughts on it's authenticity. I feel comfortable that it is of period. It appears to be on heavy parchment paper an

Default Luftwaffe Ace Horst Ademeit Ritterkreuz Award Document Authentication

Hello all! I purchased this piece at auction today and wanted to get some thoughts on it's authenticity. I feel comfortable that it is of period. It appears to be on heavy parchment paper and shows signs of genuine age and wear, foxing, etc. The stampings are clean and bold. The calligraphy is well executed and shows signs of overlapping strokes and indications of it being done by hand. I read that A.H could of possibly signed these documents 1939 and previous? But in honesty I ve never studied nor researched these pieces so the journey begins here. Could it possibly be signed by A.H? and if someone could help with the other signature as well please? As always any help is greatly appreciated. My thanks in advance.

BrianLuftwaffe Ace Horst Ademeit Ritterkreuz Award Document AuthenticationLuftwaffe Ace Horst Ademeit Ritterkreuz Award Document AuthenticationLuftwaffe Ace Horst Ademeit Ritterkreuz Award Document AuthenticationLuftwaffe Ace Horst Ademeit Ritterkreuz Award Document AuthenticationLuftwaffe Ace Horst Ademeit Ritterkreuz Award Document AuthenticationLuftwaffe Ace Horst Ademeit Ritterkreuz Award Document Authentication[ATTAC[ATTACH=CONFIG]107
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Ace Horst Ademeit Ritterkreuz Award Document Authentication   Luftwaffe Ace Horst Ademeit Ritterkreuz Award Document Authentication  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Ace Horst Ademeit Ritterkreuz Award Document Authentication
    P
    Many

Original document with facsimile signatures

Thanks for the response John! Good to know, I was worried it may not of been period. Best regards.

Brian

I have to disagree with John on this one. That is a fake - Meissner's signature, hand signed or facsimile, was never put on RK citations, not on prelim versions and certainly not on the large formal ones. The calligraphy is poor, the mans name doesn't even fit in to the space and the name should be in gold. It might of been written by hand but certainly not period. Compare your example to every other one and you will see the difference between genuine and this example (just do a Google Image search for 'Knight's Cross Citations'). And not forgetting that Formal RK citations didn't have ink or embossed stamps on them. Everything about it just says 'poor quality'.

You say that you've 'never studied nor researched these pieces so the journey begins here' but when the genuine ones of these sell for around $12-14,000 do you think that is the best way to go about it?

Here is a genuine version that sold for $15,000. Notice how the quality is a whole different level from the example shown above.
    Luftwaffe Ace Horst Ademeit Ritterkreuz Award Document Authentication Luftwaffe Ace Horst Ademeit Ritterkreuz Award Document Authentication

Thank you for your reply Hucks. After my post I did do an additional image search of the award documents. Aside from the official presentation jacket, the gold lettering did stand out as big red flag and left a pit in the stomach. The Meissner signature wasn t something I thought of nor been aware of. I fully understand your point as to researching items previous to purchasing and it is a valid point and certainly one worth mentioning for future endeavors. Thanks again for your time!

Brian

And another example....

Luftwaffe Ace Horst Ademeit Ritterkreuz Award Document Authentication Luftwaffe Ace Horst Ademeit Ritterkreuz Award Document Authentication

Thanks again Hucks for the additional examples. If I may ask? The two additional documents while clearly different than mine in quality, also seem to be different from each other as well; although issued in the same year. The first example provided appears to be transcribed in all gold lettering, while the second variant only has the recipients name in gold lettering. Is this typical of the day? And or how many know variants of the documents are accepted as official/legitimate? Thanks in advance for the time and assistance. Best regards.

Brian

I would agree I am also not a fan of the original; colour, type face and the additional signature present are all out of place.
    I would return it to the auction house.

Quote by bsiwula1 View Post
    Thanks again Hucks for the additional examples. If I may ask? The two additional documents while clearly different than mine in quality, also seem to be different from each other as well; although issued in the same year. The first example provided appears to be transcribed in all gold lettering, while the second variant only has the recipients name in gold lettering. Is this typical of the day? And or how many know variants of the documents are accepted as official/legitimate? Thanks in advance for the time and assistance. Best regards.

Brian
    The difference you see is just down to the photography, they are the same. With regards to the Formal RK citations there are only 2 variants - those with AH's signature and those without. Everything else is the same. The Prelim RK citations, which are around the size of a normal citation, have a few variants as they were issued by the different arms of service so bear the signature of officers in OKH, OKL or OKM.
    Last edited by hucks216; 05-28-2017 at 11:12 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast