Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe Soldbuch and award document set.

Article about: It just shows that the end result of reseaching the units , which i enjoy doing myself , can lead to excellent and interesting results !!

?

Default Luftwaffe Soldbuch and award document set.

Here is a rather nice set. A good example of a set from a dealer who perhaps didn't have the time to research it properly (or else it would have been far more expensive than the price I paid)

I like the Luftwaffe SBs with the olive rather than blue covers.

Luftwaffe Soldbuch and award document set.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Soldbuch and award document set.
    P
    Many

?

Default re: Luftwaffe Soldbuch and award document set.

Josef Eckert served in ground crew with the famous J.G. 51 Mölders
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Soldbuch and award document set.  

?

His speciality seems to have been Signals, being inducted via a Luftnachrichtenkompanie
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Soldbuch and award document set.  

?

Note entry for J.G. 51

?

Commemorative Christmas greeting showing he served with J.G.51 during the Battle of Britain.

?

Luftwaffe version of the award document for the Sudetenland Medal

?

KVK Document

?

Nice enough little group but why would it be of interest to a Feldgendarmerie collector ? Well, like so many Luftwaffe ground crew, later in the war he found himself re-assigned to a ground combat unit. As this entry shows, Eckert became a Feldgendarm.

I find these late war Luftwaffe re-assignments interesting too.

Nice find.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

And the award document for the Black Wound Badge, issued to him as a Feldgendarm.

What is really interesting here is the unit and the date.

The unit, Feldgendarmerie Trupp a (mot.) 648 is the MP unit of 3 Fallschirmjäger Division, and at the date Eckert was wounded his unit was fighting in the Ardennes Offensive. (Think of the well known photo of Paratroopers from this unit riding on the back of the KIng Tiger tanks during the Battle of the Bulge - Eckert was there!).

A genuine Battle of the Bulge paratrooper MP wounded in action set at a modest price from a major dealer can only be because the seller hadn't researched the set. (Luckily for me !)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast