Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need help with a Wehrpaß

Article about: Hello...I just purchased this booklet and was hoping for someone to translate this for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated... Thank You

Default Need help with a Wehrpaß

Hello...I just purchased this booklet and was hoping for someone to translate this for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated...
    Thank You
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help with a Wehrpaß   Need help with a Wehrpaß  

Need help with a Wehrpaß   Need help with a Wehrpaß  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help with a Wehrpaß
    P
    Many

Default Re: Need help with a Wehrpaß

oK, here is what I have been able to work out so far:

Friedrich T*ach*mann was born 10th April 1896 in Wellie which is 43km west of Hannover. His learned occupation was as a farmer but his actual occupation was as an accountant. He was married and his father passed away in 1926. He held the sport qualifications for swimming and horse riding.
    During WW 1 he served with Infantry Rgt 76 from practically the start of that war to the end. He received all his promotions during WW1 and his one award was the EK II (Iron Cross 2nd Class) which was awarded in either 1916 or 1918 (I can't make out the last number properly due to the stamp over it).

In the Second World War he was conscripted and registered for military service on 27th June 1941 in the military district of Wesermunde (which I think is now in the area of Bremerhaven) - Wehrkreis X.
    He was not passed fit for front line combat and was instead given the designations: Landwehr I (= trained, between 35-45 years old) & GVW (= Fit for garrison duty) and went back to his civilian profession.

In 1944 he was assigned to Grenadier Ersatz Btl 439 for initial training and received a dog tag with the details: Inf.Ers.Btl 439 - 3551.
    Just under 2 months afterwards he was assigned to Landesschützen-Ersatz-Bataillon 10, located in the Scharnhorst Barracks in Lüneburg, for processing and was then assigned to Landesschützen-Bataillon 680 (2nd Company) which was used to guard PoW camps in Wehrkreis X. It is very doubtful that he saw any combat in WW2.

PoW Camps in Wehrkreis X =
    Stalag X A - Schleswig
    Stalag X B - Sandbostel
    Stalag X B/Z - Wietzendorf
    Stalag X C - Nienburg
    Stalag X D (310) - Wietzendorf
    Oflag X A - Sandbostel
    Oflag X B - Nienburg
    Oflag X C - Lubeck
    Oflag 83 - Wietzendorf
    Marlag Milag - Tarmstedt
    Marlag - Sandbostel

He has a bit of the Frank Sinatra about him judging by his photo!
    Last edited by hucks216; 05-01-2011 at 06:36 PM.

hucks216...Thank you very much!
    Jim

Frank Sinatra!! Yes that Photo is a little Different to the Normal ones we see!

Looks to be Nice original Book Which comes to Life with Hucks Summary, There is Small Publication called, My Wasted Years By Arthur Brough, First met arthur in Person last year. His Book is about his Time in Stalag Sub and Main Camps. Worth the read if you can locate this Book.