Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

New Soldbuch

Article about: Hi everyone I have just got this Soldbuch and am busy researching it. I can see a lot of info on it, his rank promotions, date of birth, awards etc, but am struggling to work out which regim

Default New Soldbuch

Hi everyone I have just got this Soldbuch and am busy researching it. I can see a lot of info on it, his rank promotions, date of birth, awards etc, but am struggling to work out which regiment he served with or what his military profession was. Also I am confused about why he was awarded an EK1 but not an EK2. Any help would be appreciated. There is also a nice family picture in the back and early postwar document in Russian. Doug
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Soldbuch   New Soldbuch  

New Soldbuch   New Soldbuch  

New Soldbuch  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Soldbuch
    P
    Many

Arrow

His military occupational specialty is not listed on the pages shown above, but on page 2 his civilian occupation is given as "actor and artist" [Schauspieler und Artist].

The abbreviation for his last field unit "Kw. Trsp. Rgt. Stab z.b.V. 623" means "Kraftwagen-Transport-Regiments-Stab zur besonderen Verwendung 623", which translates as "Motor Vehicle Transport Regimental Staff for Special Deployment 623".

It was not possible to be awarded the EKI without the EKII. A previous award of the EKII was a prerequisite for the award of the EKI. In rare and exceptional circumstances, a direct award of the EKI was possible; but even in those cases, the EKII was simultaneously awarded together with the first class. Perhaps this was such an exceptional case; note that the award date is identical with his promotion date to Unteroffizier.

By the way, I really like the classy way in which the item is displayed in the above photographs!

?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    His military occupational specialty is not listed on the pages shown above, but on page 2 his civilian occupation is given as "actor and artist" [Schauspieler und Artist].

The abbreviation for his last field unit "Kw. Trsp. Rgt. Stab z.b.V. 623" means "Kraftwagen-Transport-Regiments-Stab zur besonderen Verwendung 623", which translates as "Motor Vehicle Transport Regimental Staff for Special Deployment 623".

It was not possible to be awarded the EKI without the EKII. A previous award of the EKII was a prerequisite for the award of the EKI. In rare and exceptional circumstances, a direct award of the EKI was possible; but even in those cases, the EKII was simultaneously awarded together with the first class. Perhaps this was such an exceptional case; note that the award date is identical with his promotion date to Unteroffizier.

By the way, I really like the classy way in which the item is displayed in the above photographs!
    As ever, another thread that you have managed to augment in the most generous and helpful manner. And regarding the photography, I agree. Douglas has a certain gift for such presentation, patently.

Regards,

Carl

Quote by HPL2008 View Post

Very helpful, as I have come to expect from you. Thank you. Doug