Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Paperwork to the same pilot, and hello.

Article about: Hello there, thought I would post an introduction to the forum and share these with you, I have been registered for a while now but only just started to place any posts. I used to collect ma

?

Default Paperwork to the same pilot, and hello.

Hello there, thought I would post an introduction to the forum and share these with you, I have been registered for a while now but only just started to place any posts.
    I used to collect many years ago with my Grandfather, he is the one who got me interested in the hobby. Mind you most of the items from back then are sadly long gone now, but over the last few years or so I have started picking up some bits and pieces again. The documents pictured below I suppose was the start of it again.

A lady I had got to know was one day telling me about how she had worked in a factory during the war that had assembled Lancaster bombers. She went onto tell me that her husband was a pilot and had flown bombers through the war.
    Turns out that after the war she had worked for the Foreign office and as she spoke fluent German was posted to Berlin working with admin. She gave me some photo's she took while out there including a nice one of Anthony Eden posing for the camera rather than greeting the officer he was meeting, also a few of the Russian sector and of the Reichschancellery. Anyway this is where she met her future husband.
    Talking of the reichschancellery, she also gave me a tiny piece of the floor from the hall of mosaics.
    The Soldbuch etc all belonged to him, as I had been interested in them she asked one day if I would like them. She has kept his photo form the inside of the soldbuch but has said that maybe one day she would part with it.
    I have had some nice Luftwaffe items, but I exchanged most of them for another project, these I will keep though.
    If anyone is interested I will post up the pictures she took while in Berlin.

Cheers, Barrie.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Paperwork to the same pilot, and hello.   Paperwork to the same pilot, and hello.  

Paperwork to the same pilot, and hello.   Paperwork to the same pilot, and hello.  

Paperwork to the same pilot, and hello.   Paperwork to the same pilot, and hello.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Paperwork to the same pilot, and hello.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Paperwork to the same pilot, and hello.

Hi Barrie

From the photos you have shown it looks a nice little Group, Nice to see a Lurker posting on the forum