MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Please Read before posting in this section !!

Article about: This is a message for all members who wish to post their paper items here , we have a link thread that will signpost you to many sites that can assist you to learn to decipher German paperwo

?

Default Please Read before posting in this section !!

This is a message for all members who wish to post their paper items here , we have a link thread that will signpost you to many sites that can assist you to learn to decipher German paperwork or build on the Knowledge you already have !!

We do have a number of members who are fluent in German and have superb knowledge regarding the German system of paperwork during the Third Reich and other periods of History but it should not fall to them to provide all the answers for everyone as this is a very time consuming process as i'm sure every one appreciates.

Paperwork is one of the most interesting and historically rewarding areas of collecting but so is learning and educating yourself , if you are buying paperwork but understand no German at all then one of the most rewarding things is learning to interprete the paperwork you have purchased instead of buying something in a langauge you don't and or have no intention of understanding and then relying on others to provide the answers for you

Here is the thread link !!

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/soldb...uments-159156/

regards

Paul

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Please Read before posting in this section !!
    P
    Many

?

please edit your message. Publication date 2014. All information sites have been closed for a long time. I have questions and I cannot get answers.

Regards
    Vik

Over on the British centric WW2Talk forum a member was good enough to post scans of a 1942 British War Office document entitled 'A Guide To The Identification Of German Units' and in it a couple of pages are dedicated to the Soldbuch and handily for those that may struggle, it has translated the first few pages and also given a brief one page run down on what the other pages contain.

Please Read before posting in this section !! Please Read before posting in this section !!Please Read before posting in this section !! Please Read before posting in this section !!Please Read before posting in this section !!
    Last edited by hucks216; 03-13-2021 at 03:05 PM.

Also, during the war an official book was published and was used as a reference by the various Wehrkreise / Wehrbezirkskommando offices to fill out the various paperwork related to a soldier's service from the day he registered for service. It covers many areas including the Wehrstammbuch, G-Buch, Wehrpass & Soldbuch. It is called Leitfaden für die Ausfertigung von Personalpapieren der Wehrmacht by Oberfeldwebel Heinrich Filges and consists of 425 pages.
    Unfortunately it is a hard publication to get and when a copy comes on the market it can cost anywhere from 500-1500 Euros depending on whether the seller realises just how sought after it is (although one copy was recently sold for just 100 Euros). You can however, find it in the Bundesrchiv.

Please Read before posting in this section !! Please Read before posting in this section !!Please Read before posting in this section !!

?

Thank you for your quick and high-quality response. I buy books, But what interests me. The problem is that I only buying 1 item and I cannot pay for the book for every 1 item that I bought. It is expensive. I have only one question about Soldbuch. I want to believe that this is not a fake. to understand what the paragraphs are for is not a problem. The problem is to read what is written by officers hand. I will ask on the forum, I think someone who has a native German language will be able to help me from what you can read.

About Bundesarchive. I don't think they will help me. I asked about my GPBs. They didn't give me information. I do not know the name of who received these badges. They answered, the badges numbers wrote down in a personal file, and they do not have an archive of badge numbers.

Thank.
    Viktor
    PS. Please, delete my messages here. because this tree not for discussion
    Last edited by MigMig; 03-14-2021 at 11:30 AM.