Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Pre-War Wehrpaß

Article about: Hello folks. One of two new additions to my Wehrpaß collection, this one being a pre- or early-war wehrpaß to a man named Albert Rinker. I'm unable to read any of the information on page 3,

Default Pre-War Wehrpaß

Hello folks.

One of two new additions to my Wehrpaß collection, this one being a pre- or early-war wehrpaß to a man named Albert Rinker. The cover features the Wehrmacht-style eagle with folded wings, rather than the open-winged Reichsadler more commonly encountered on these documents.
    I'm unable to read any of the information on page 3, other than noting that Albert was named after his father. Both of his parents were alive at the time this wehrpaß was issued.
    Page 4 mentions the SA, and the seller maintained that this man was a former member before joining the Wehrmacht. There is a piece or paper or newspaper clipping to this effect tucked into the front cover, shown in the last two photographs. Something is handwritten at the top, undecipherable to me. However, I believe the entry on page 4 is a reference to the SA-Sportabzeichen badge rather than Albert being part of the organisation itself.

This wehrpaß is very well filled out. From what I can read, Albert served mainly in Pionier Battalions and Regiments from May 1937 to April-May 1942, having served previously in the RAD.
    He was trained in the use of the Gewehr 98, MG 34 and P08 Luger. It seems Albert also received the Medal for the Annexation of Czechoslovakia and the KVK II with Swords. The awards section is very 'busy' and I found it hard to tell the separate entries apart.

There are numerous other entries in the wehrpaß. I have photographed every non-blank page. Interestingly, this wehrpaß lists the owner's blood group, as well as his helmet, cap and boot size. I had not noticed this in my other Wehrpaß.

There is also an ink stamp inside the back cover. I'd be interested to know the significance of this.

Best regards, B.B.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pre-War Wehrpaß   Pre-War Wehrpaß  

Pre-War Wehrpaß   Pre-War Wehrpaß  

Pre-War Wehrpaß  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Pre-War Wehrpaß
    P
    Many

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    Something is handwritten at the top, undecipherable to me.
    It says "Das ist mein Chef." = "This is my boss."

There is also an ink stamp inside the back cover. I'd be interested to know the significance of this.
    It lists special wartime obligations for personnel subject to conscription/reactivation, such as the requirement to report to the authorities within 48 hours (instead of a week) after moving to another town and to ensure that one can always be contacted by mail.

However, I believe the entry on page 4 is a reference to the SA-Sportabzeichen badge rather than Albert being part of the organisation itself.
    Correct.

Thank you for the clarification. Your help, as always, is very much appreciated.

B.B.