Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Questions about this Wehrpass

Article about: Dear forum members, I bought this Wehrpass a time ago. And I have a few questions about it: 1,In the wehrpass it says: He fighted against partisans in Bryansk? I thought that only SS'ers and

Default Questions about this Wehrpass

Dear forum members, I bought this Wehrpass a time ago.
    And I have a few questions about it:
    1,In the wehrpass it says: He fighted against partisans in Bryansk? I thought that only SS'ers and Feldgendarmes would fight Partisans?
    2,How about his future? The latest known date in the wehrpass was 31 March 1944. That's way before V-E-day.....
    3,He was awarded some awards, I can only read the Ost medaille But the rest?
    Greetings: Jelmer

Questions about this Wehrpass Questions about this Wehrpass Questions about this Wehrpass Questions about this Wehrpass Questions about this Wehrpass Questions about this Wehrpass Questions about this Wehrpass Questions about this Wehrpass Questions about this Wehrpass Questions about this Wehrpass Questions about this Wehrpass Questions about this Wehrpass Questions about this Wehrpass Questions about this Wehrpass

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Questions about this Wehrpass
    P
    Many

The award dated 29th August 1942 (the one at the bottom in black ink) reads 'Verwund. Abz. in Schwarz' which indicates he was awarded the Wound Badge in black on that date. The rest of the handwriting on the awards page all seems to pertain to his receiving of the Ostmedaille. (Same colour ink, same handwriting).

On the opposite page: He was promoted to Gefreiter on 1st November 1940, and to Obergefreiter on 5th October 1943. He was also trained in the use of the Kar98K rifle, as indicated on page 20.

As for his fate, that is something that can only be speculated upon. Normally an individual's death is recorded in his Wehrpaß, so there's a higher probability than not of him surviving the war

I can't help any further, unfortunately. There are only certain sections of these passes that I am familiar enough with to be able to translate. Hopefully Andreas puts in an appearance soon. His expertise with period German handwriting is invaluable in the translation of documents such as this.

Regards, B.B.

Thank you really much for the beginning!
    This is something I can use!
    I will wait for the next replys.

Anyone?

Quote by jelmer04 View Post
    Dear forum members, I bought this Wehrpass a time ago.
    And I have a few questions about it:
    1,In the wehrpass it says: He fighted against partisans in Bryansk? I thought that only SS'ers and Feldgendarmes would fight Partisans?
    2,How about his future? The latest known date in the wehrpass was 31 March 1944. That's way before V-E-day.....
    3,He was awarded some awards, I can only read the Ost medaille But the rest?
    1.) Army (both combat units and Feldgendarmerie), Waffen-SS, SD/Sipo and Order Police were all involved in anti-partisan operations.
    2.) That's the date he was discharged from active military service on medical grounds and transferred to the replacement reserves.
    3.) He was awarded the Ostmedaille and the Verwundetenabzeichen in Schwarz.

Thanks! Now is everything clear for me!!!

I've got another question: if I am willing to sell this Wehrpass ( I am not planning to do that).
    What is then the price to sell it?
    Greetings Jelmer de Vries