Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Rubber stamp

Article about: Hello gents,, i need the sharp eyes of those who can identify this rubber stamp. Although it is not clear in the photo,,, this was stamped on the back of a portrait. I know some one who is u

Default Rubber stamp

Hello gents,, i need the sharp eyes of those who can identify this rubber stamp. Although it is not clear in the photo,,, this was stamped on the back of a portrait. I know some one who is used to seeing these stamps will be able to identify this for me. Regards Larry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rubber stamp  
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rubber stamp
    P
    Many

Default Re: Rubber stamp

36 views and 2 days later,,, does anyone know their rubber stamps?
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi Larry,I can not make out the wording on it but many civil authorities used the same kind of round "Dienststempel" as military units.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Thanks Eric,, thats as clear as I can get it in the photo as to the naked eye and with my reading specs,, it is still difficult to discern. The ink sunk into the paper and over time it must of clouded. Anyone else?

Sorry Larry, I have photoshoped the image and I still cannnot make it out...

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Can you take a better quality picture of this? I can likely help you out as I have quite a few stampers for reference.

?

I tried to google- revert image search this, hoping for the best. Nothing. Considering there were problably thousands of variations of stamps, perhaps more images, even from further away might help.
    It is no Feldpost or SS stamp.

Hello Daniel and Vocht ...thankyou for your inquirery to hekp out but the stamp was on the reverse side of a portrait I bought for $55 US from the classified section here on this forum..as you will see that its titled > A $55 US gamble

You can read through that thread and come up with your own conclusions..but that portait is long gone and was disassembled. The insigina was also found to be fake as well.

Regards Larry

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Hello Daniel and Vocht ...thankyou for your inquirery to hekp out but the stamp was on the reverse side of a portrait I bought for $55 US from the classified section here on this forum..as you will see that its titled > A $55 US gamble

You can read through that thread and come up with your own conclusions..but that portait is long gone and was disassembled. The insigina was also found to be fake as well.

Regards Larry
    I would guess Larry, that as the HH signature was deemed fake at the time then the stamp would be spurious as well.

But what really inspires me is that an almost 10 year old thread CAN rise from the dead!!!

cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "