Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Share your Panzer Related Award Documents (Verleihungsurkunde)

Article about: I know I've been doing alot of "Share Your" type threads......but I think this could be fun and informational for us all. Please Share your Panzer or StuG Related Award Documents!!

?

Default Share your Panzer Related Award Documents (Verleihungsurkunde)

I know I've been doing alot of "Share Your" type threads......but I think this could be fun and informational for us all.

Please Share your Panzer or StuG Related Award Documents!!

This (for the most part) means ANY unit that was in a Panzer Division or similar:
    * Panzer Abteilung
    * Panzer Regiment
    * Panzer Grenadier
    * Panzerjager
    * Sturmgeschutz Abt's
    * Panzer Aufklarungs / Artillerie / Nachrichten / Versorgungstruppen / Pionier / ETC. You get the point!!

**** Any info about the Awardee or any ID's on Signatures would be appreciated ****

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Share your Panzer Related Award Documents (Verleihungsurkunde)
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Share your Panzer Related Award Documents (Verleihungsurkunde)

Johannes Beutel of 5./Panzer-Grenadier Regiment 128 of the 23rd Panzer Division. Most likely awarded this for his actions in the Southern Sector on the Eastern Front.

Awarded: Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze on March 16, 1943.

Signed by: General (Major at the time) Nikolaus von Vormann

The document approving the entry in Soldbuch is also shown.
    (not sure who signed that)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Share your Panzer Related Award Documents (Verleihungsurkunde)   Share your Panzer Related Award Documents (Verleihungsurkunde)  

?

Grenadier Herbert Wobke
    Award: Wound Badge in Black
    Date: October 26, 1943
    Signee: Unknown Doctor (Kapeller ??)

Unit: 2./ Panzer-Grenadier Regiment 59 of 20th Panzer Division
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Share your Panzer Related Award Documents (Verleihungsurkunde)  

?

Here is one from an Unteroffizier grouping I have

Awardee: Panzer Unteroffizier Josef Rossmann

Unit: Panzer Regiment 2 of the 1st Panzer Division

Awarded: Heeres 4 Year Service Medal
    Dated from his start of service on May 5, 1936.

Signatures: Fascimile of General Maximilian Freiherr von Weichs
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Share your Panzer Related Award Documents (Verleihungsurkunde)  
    Last edited by Bill T; 06-23-2012 at 09:20 PM.

Quote by Bill T View Post
    Here is one from an Unteroffizier grouping I have

Awardee: Panzer Unteroffizier Josef Rossmann

Unit: Panzer Regiment 2 of the 1st Panzer Division

Signatures: Fascimile of General Maximilian Freiherr von Weichs
    The signature is that of Heinrich von Prittwitz und Gaffron who is signing to verify that the award is issued on behalf of von Weichs. Heinrich von Prittwitz und Gaffron was killed in action at Tobruk on the 10th April 1941.

?

Quote by hucks216 View Post
    The signature is that of Heinrich von Prittwitz und Gaffron who is signing to verify that the award is issued on behalf of von Weichs. Heinrich von Prittwitz und Gaffron was killed in action at Tobruk on the 10th April 1941.
    Awesome! Thank You for the info. Much appreciated

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY PZ AWARD DOCS TO SHARE?

One of my sets to a member of Pz.Rgt 4 and s.Pz.Abt 507 that I posted some time ago...
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/soldb...-photos-26094/

Good stuff hucks!

Here's some info on Prittwitz und Gaffron courtesy of Findagrave.com:

QUOTE:
    Birth: Sep. 4, 1889, Poland
    Death: Apr. 10, 1941
    Tobruk, Libya

German Lieutenant General. Commander of the 15th Panzer Division in the Afrika Korps at his death. Knight of the Order of St. John. He was born in Gut Sitzmannsdorf, Lower Silesia (now Poland). He entered service as a cadet in 1908 and was commisioned as a lieutenant in an Uhlan regiment in 1909. He saw service in WW I, earning the Iron Cross First and Second Class on the Eastern Front, and then served from 1915 on as a staff officer. Between the wars he saw action in a border patrol unit before joining the cavalry, which then converted to tanks in 1935. He commanded a tank brigade in the attack on Poland in 1939, winning (again) the Iron Cross First and Second Class, rising later that year to the command of the 14th Panzer division and the rank of Major General. With that unit he took part in the Battle of France in 1940, capturing Bolougne and taking part in the Siege of Dunkirk. In March 1941, he took command of the 15th Panzer Division, Afrika Korps, and was killed less than a month later when his Kuebelwagen (German jeep) took a direct hit from a British antitank weapon. He was posthumously promoted to Lieutenant General. He was orginally buried in the Heroes Cemetery, Derna, Libya, but his remains were removed to their current resting place when that memorial was built after the war. END QUOTE.
    Attached Images Attached Images Share your Panzer Related Award Documents (Verleihungsurkunde) 
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

A couple of mine - first one is abit off track as this is the Soldbuch/Wehrpass section but will make amends with the next post.

Rarely seen Panzerkampf Abzeichen '25' citation to an officer in 5./Pz.Rgt Großdeutschland and signed by Knights Cross & Oakleaves winner Bruno Kahl who was the final commander of Pz.Rgt GD.

Last edited by hucks216; 06-23-2012 at 08:10 PM.

And a Soldbuch, Citations and a WH Fahrlehrerschein for a Feldwebel who served in Panzer Regiments 8, 21 & 15. The SB is a Zweitschrift issue but was issued in 1943 so still saw plenty of action. It looks like he was discharged in 1938 before obviously being called up again.
    Paperwork is signed by...

Good Conduct Discharge Certificate - Joachim Mittermaier
    EK II - Georg von Bismarck (RK and killed in action on 31st August 1942 at El Alamein)
    Black Wound Badge - Karl-August Frhr von Bülow (Deutsche Kreuz in Gold & RK)
    EK I - Wilhelm Ritter von Thoma (RK and taken PoW in North Africa by British troops)

Share your Panzer Related Award Documents (Verleihungsurkunde) Share your Panzer Related Award Documents (Verleihungsurkunde)

Share your Panzer Related Award Documents (Verleihungsurkunde) Share your Panzer Related Award Documents (Verleihungsurkunde)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast