Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Sodbuch, Kustrin, Halbe.

Article about: Its not often that I post in this area of the forum. My main interest when it comes to documents are documents relating to Heeresgruppe Mitte from the opening day of Op Barbarossa to the bat

Default Sodbuch, Kustrin, Halbe.

Its not often that I post in this area of the forum. My main interest when it comes to documents are documents relating to Heeresgruppe Mitte from the opening day of Op Barbarossa to the battles for Moscow, and documents to the final battles around Berlin.

I have recently been fortunate to pick up the following Soldbuch to a soldier of a unit involved in the defence of Kustrin and which was eventually destroyed during the retreat through Halbe.

I am awaiting its arrival therefore the photo's are those of the seller.

Comments and observations are welcome.

Soldbuch of Edúard Woyútycki who served within Art.Rgt.257 of the 257.Inf.Div.and finally within Art.Rgt.303 of the 303.Inf.Div.

Woyútycki was born in Bielitz (Poland) and statrted his military career as a "Kanonier" (gunner) and was promoted several times after (last rank is unclear and unusual).

With the 257.Inf.Div.Woyútycki France (Bretagne) and participated in fightings in Russia (Donez area) .
    During these actions Woyútycki was awarded the BWB and the EK II.

Woyútycki was transferred to the 303.Inf.Div.(aka Infanterie-Division "Döberitz") and participated in the last "chapter" of the defence for Berlin as he fought in Küstrin.
    The 303.Inf.Div.was finally destroyed in the "Kessel von Halbe" (Halbe Cauldron).

The Soldbuch has some nice and unusual entries like : "Armbandühr", "Photogerät Kodak-Retina " (both with values) and some tools.
    Sodbuch, Kustrin, Halbe.

Sodbuch, Kustrin, Halbe.

Sodbuch, Kustrin, Halbe.

Sodbuch, Kustrin, Halbe.

Sodbuch, Kustrin, Halbe.

Sodbuch, Kustrin, Halbe.

Sodbuch, Kustrin, Halbe.

Sodbuch, Kustrin, Halbe.

Sodbuch, Kustrin, Halbe.

Sodbuch, Kustrin, Halbe.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sodbuch, Kustrin, Halbe.
    P
    Many

Quote by robin morley View Post
    Woyútycki was born in Bielitz (Poland) and statrted his military career as a "Kanonier" (gunner) and was promoted several times after (last rank is unclear and unusual).
    He was a reserve officer candidate: It's "Fahnenjunker d.R." ["d.R." = "der Reserve"].

It is certainly in a decent condition considering what the owner and it went through in the last weeks of the war and it has that unmistakable 'been there' look to it. If only a SB could talk.

Here is a 1935 printed map of Truppenübungsplatz Döberitz which is where 303.Inf.Division was formed in 1945.

Sodbuch, Kustrin, Halbe.

Great map..thanks for posting that. I hope to spend a week in the area later in the year doing a little research so that will come in handy.